40





In honor of my 40th birthday I thought I would blog. 

So for my birthday how about sharing 40 things you may or may not know about me.

A. Addictions

1.
Kissing my boys ears. I have no idea why I love them so, but I do. It isn't the same with my girls. Just Noah and August. I just love kissing their ears. I know it's weird...








2.  Purses:
I think it took 10 years before my husband even realized I loved purses. But I am also frugal. So spending money on several purses to carry my stuff around in is ludicrous. So I don't own a ton of them but secretly it would be awesome to change them out with my outfits. Although I don't have much of a wardrobe either...that is probably keeping me from spending frivolously on purses. 

3. School supplies
...I LOVE LOVE LOVE school supplies. I can never have enough pencils, pens, pencil boxes, crayons, colored pencils, markers, staplers, pencil sharpeners. I love when school comes around and everything goes on sale. I love binders and folders and paper and notebooks and glue sticks...the only thing I always forget to stock up on is tape...seriously...I have a problem...

4. I love kitchen storage containers.
I am never happy with what I have in my kitchen to store left over food in or dry foods. LOL. Whenever I find a sale on some I grab them. I still need more...it's a vicious cycle.

5. *warning* cheese fest* I am addicted to my husband...
I can't breathe as well when he is gone...I can't sleep...he's spent 4 days this week at girls camp, and it was torture...not because I have to do everything on my own, because although it is nice to have his help...I just love looking at him and being with him and by him and his smell  and touch is intoxicating.  I'll leave it at that.

B.  Best Qualities

6. Listening:
I can listen. If someone just needs to vent or complain or talk about the exciting things happening in their lives I feel I am pretty good at just listening...I will often offer some sort of reply so they know I am listening but unless asked specifically I try to just listen.

7. Compassion:
I feel I learned this from my mother. She was always caring toward others and non judgemental.  Although I am not perfect at any of these, compassion is a gift I feel I was given and I try to use it they way it should be used; the way my mom did.

8. Service:
I love to serve other people. It brings me joy to see others needs met or burdens lifted because I was able to do something. I have a hard time sitting back and not helping when it is evident help is needed. 

9.  Hugs!
I am a pro at giving hugs. I love receiving hugs. Maybe it is just me reaching out and being clingy but seriously I love hugs! 

10. Hair:
Yes, I admit it. I have nice hair. I love my hair (most of the time) I admit I don't have the "best" hair compared to others. But I do love my hair and my hair color even when I have bad hair days.

C. Can't live without

11. The Gospel:
it is my life...it is who I am and it is apart of me. Without it, I might as well be dead. Just say'in...

12. Musical Theatre:
this is a passion of mine. I love acting, but when it really comes down to "drama" I love musical theatre. I love to watch it, I love to listen to it, I love to direct it, I love to live it. It's a part of my heart. I have always dreamed of playing Ms. Hannigan from Annie...possibly because she is completely outside of my true "Ruth" character. And Broadway in New York really is ALL that and a bag of chips. What they do with musicals is amazing!

13.Organization:
I want so much to be organized and I try and try and try...I hope one day...I will finally find the trick to becoming  uber organized.


14. Family:
Seriously, I love my family...life would not be complete without any of them....unfortunately I am finding out how to live without my parents...but I know that even though they are not here physically they are close. I feel them often. My family is everything to me.

15. Multaq -
I have never been more thankful for modern medicine because honestly it would be hard to live without the help of my friend Multaq who keeps my heart in relatively decent working condition so I can feel normal and happy. I am not a fan of medications but this one I call my friend. 

D. Dislikes

16 Soda...I am like 1 in a million who do not live on Diet Coke. LOL
...I am not a soda drinker. It is not one of my favorite things that I can't live without. I will drink it from time to time but really I just prefer water. I've been married to my husband for 14 years and my mother in law still asks if I want milk or juice when I am at their house for lunch. She is just being cordial. But really; I just want water. In fact from time to time I like a Caffeine Free Pepsi. Last time I craved it (about 6 months ago) my husband bought me a 12 pack. I still have at least 6 in the cupboard. LOL.  and the only reason why there are not 11 is because I look in there and feel guilty they are still there and no one else drinks them but me.

17.The Princess Bride...
I think most people know this about me. I have a friend who finds this to be a felony. If he was a cop, I would be in jail for life.  LOL! Most people can't understand why I don't like it being a "theatre" buff. But seriously, I hate...no...I loathe...The Princess Bride...it is torture to watch it. I know a LOT of people LOVE it but if measured by these standards, then you can say I am NOT normal. Because this movie truly bugs me.

18. Dirty toilets...
most people hate cleaning bathrooms, I love cleaning them because I honestly really can't stand dirty toilets. I can stand dust for about a month...but toilets...um...no...they have to be cleaned at least weekly

19.Impossible Pie:
So growing up my mom made this dinner we called Impossible Pie. I always said it was impossible to eat. It was my most hated meal of all time. I honestly would rather have gone hungry. It was this concoction of bisquick (which I can't stand either), because of this one meal I refuse to buy bisquick. There are better things to buy...but it was mixed with cheese and ground beef and eggs and all put together into a pie and it was literally AWFUL! oh....looky there I found a recipe for ya all...now you can try it and know how awful it is...(although I don't think my mom used tomatoes, my dad didn't like tomatoes)

20.Crowds;
I tolerate them, but I really don't like crowds...need I say more...

E  Experiences missed

21.Learning how to play the piano
...maybe there is still hope


22.Learning how to dance
...ball room, jazz, ballet, hip hop...I would love to be a dancer. I often have dreams of being an amazing dancer. But it is just that...a dream...maybe in my next life. I have taken dance classes but that doesn't make one a dancer. I dance in my head or when no one is looking. LOL


23.Learning how to write music/compose.
I have always wanted to write and sing my own music. But when you don't play the piano...that makes writing and composing a bit difficult. 


24.Learning how to swim
(properly anyway). I would love to swim because it is a great work out and I enjoy the water. But I am also terrified of water. Go figure.

25.Learning gymnastics.
I had always wanted to be a gymnast...but luck would have it I was too tall anyway and mix that with my health issues and it would have been a bust anyway...but needless the say the opportunity was really never there even though it would have been nice to really learn the craft. I love watching gymnastics though....apparently my mini me (Katie) has the same love and desire...



F. Favorite Foods (not necessarily together or in this order)

26.Red Beans and rice:
This must go together and it must be spicy. YUM! 


27. Shrimp & Steak:
These can go together if they want. Medium rare with salt and pepper and garlic seasonings topped with grilled garlic basil shrimp. Yes please


28.Asparagus and Cauliflower:
I could eat these together too if I wanted these are my ultimate favorite veggies. I once ate 3 lbs of cauliflower while my mom wasn't looking that she had cooked for a Relief Society meeting. I was 4 or 5. I still remember it too! and it was good. Glad my kids love it as much as I do. 


29.Pineapple & oranges:
I could possibly eat these together as well.  I love fresh pineapple and oranges but unfortunately now I can't eat to much in one sitting or I get heartburn from the oranges and mouth sores with pineapple. I love watermelon too
...but I have to eat that in moderation too for other reasons.


30.Chocolate Cake
and Lemon Meringue Pie:
My ultimate favorite, but the chocolate cake is the best if it is my recipe I found. Chocolate cake from a store or a bakery doesn't have the same consistency. I like my chocolate cake light and fluffy, not dense. The closest I have found that I like... and this may sound really crazy but is Sam's club. If I have to buy a chocolate cake I prefer Sams. True story! My husband loves Freed's and although they are good. It's 3rd on my list.  I am picky with my lemon meringue pie too but not quite as picky. Chocolate and Lemon are a must in my life. 

G. Goals

31.Write an inspirational/spiritual book;
a novel;

and a play before I die. I dream that is still a work in progress.

32. Go on a mission with my husband
...or two ...or three...or four.  I love serving the Lord. I loved my mission I served and hope to serve many more. 

33.Get a stamp on my passport...or rather get a passport and get a stamp on it..I have always dreamed of going to Italy

...not completely sure why...I am pretty sure I would be happy going anywhere out of the country...I just think it is something everyone should experience once in their lifetime.. if they can.


34.Learn how to cook better and bake better. I love Gordon Ramsay (even though he has a potty mouth...he knows how to cook and I have learned  a lot watching him.) I will never be as good but I am learning and have come a LONG way since I was first married.
I have a dream of making my girls' wedding cakes...
I need to take a class and start practicing...I am fascinated by cake decorating. It's a goal....

35.Decorate my house in the way I dream of...

I am not an interior decorator. I am not the best at making my home look beautiful and aesthetically pleasing...but it my goal to do so
...wish me luck...

H. Hobbies

36.Writing:
this is not a surprise probably. I love journaling, blogging, writing poetry, short stories, etc...it is good therapy for me.

37.Singing:
I am not the best vocalist in the world, but I do very much love to sing. It brings warm fuzzies to my heart and also great therapy.

38.Reading:
I wish I could prioritize my life to add this to my daily list of things to do. I love to read. I wish I could figure out how to find more time in the day to read.

39.Sewing:
I am not a great seamstress but I do like to fiddle around and try making things. It has been a while for me but, maybe one day I will finish the dress I was working on when I was 14. LOL

40.Acting:
It is true...I love acting. I am not one that thrives to be the center of attention but I like to perform and put myself in someone else's shoes for a while. I am not a very good actress either to be honest. I have always struggled with just letting go in the moment. Maybe one day...but that has never stopped me from trying...I still enjoy it even if I am not very good (at least not yet) still a work in progress. 




Popular posts from this blog

Gods Hands

CONTEST!