Unique
So I have been thinking a lot lately about how I am just not a "cookie cutter" cut out. I am not "like" everyone else. I took a silly FaceBook test that told me I was Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and that I was not "like" everyone else.
I had to agree. I thought it was interesting how I was just thinking about that. Now granted we are all individual and we are all different in many ways.
First example. Last night I shocked a classroom of twenty four students and a teacher, it made me think about how I am different.
First of all. I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. With that comes stereotypes from the world. Now because I am on the "inside" I do fall into many of the "stereotypical" characteristics of being a member. I don't drink, smoke, or shop on Sundays. True story.
My class did know that I am a member as well as having five children. So my subject of my paper involved torture. They were dumbfounded. I have to admit I decided to write "outside my box" it actually wasn't something I am generally comfortable with (it was a "period") piece. I had to research quite a bit of stuff and to be honest I had no intention on continuing the paper although I have had a lot of people tell me I should continue it. It needs a lot of work and I may decide to finish it but it will probably take a while. To say I surprised them was an understatement and to be honest. I was okay with that.
But like that I feel like lately EVERYONE I know is a 'crafter' I am so not crafty. When we moved I have been invited to do some craft nights. In an attempt to get out there and meet people, I decided to attempt it. Now the crafts looked fine and all. They turned out well. But I just have to say. I did not enjoy it although I put on a happy face that I did. I didn't get to know anyone better while doing it for that matter. I realized I just need to stay true to myself. I guess I feel that at times I need to step outside of my box because I think maybe...just maybe...it "can" be me. But to no avail...it just "isn't me"
Another example is I am a theater lover.
I LOVE the dramatic arts! It's true. Most people would not know that of me just meeting me because well...I don't fit the stereotypical characteristics of a thespian. My husband describes theater people (teachers) in particular as a "where's the coffee" people." High strung..always running around crazy and seeking attention.
I love to perform but I do not love being the center of attention. Some may think that is contradicting but actually it's not.
Lastly, I HATE the movie The Princess Bride.
Most people find it to be the BEST movie since sliced bread...for me... NO thank you! I'd watch Die Hard before that. Just say'in...
That is my blog thoughts for the day. LOL
I had to agree. I thought it was interesting how I was just thinking about that. Now granted we are all individual and we are all different in many ways.
First example. Last night I shocked a classroom of twenty four students and a teacher, it made me think about how I am different.
First of all. I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. With that comes stereotypes from the world. Now because I am on the "inside" I do fall into many of the "stereotypical" characteristics of being a member. I don't drink, smoke, or shop on Sundays. True story.
My class did know that I am a member as well as having five children. So my subject of my paper involved torture. They were dumbfounded. I have to admit I decided to write "outside my box" it actually wasn't something I am generally comfortable with (it was a "period") piece. I had to research quite a bit of stuff and to be honest I had no intention on continuing the paper although I have had a lot of people tell me I should continue it. It needs a lot of work and I may decide to finish it but it will probably take a while. To say I surprised them was an understatement and to be honest. I was okay with that.
But like that I feel like lately EVERYONE I know is a 'crafter' I am so not crafty. When we moved I have been invited to do some craft nights. In an attempt to get out there and meet people, I decided to attempt it. Now the crafts looked fine and all. They turned out well. But I just have to say. I did not enjoy it although I put on a happy face that I did. I didn't get to know anyone better while doing it for that matter. I realized I just need to stay true to myself. I guess I feel that at times I need to step outside of my box because I think maybe...just maybe...it "can" be me. But to no avail...it just "isn't me"
Another example is I am a theater lover.
I LOVE the dramatic arts! It's true. Most people would not know that of me just meeting me because well...I don't fit the stereotypical characteristics of a thespian. My husband describes theater people (teachers) in particular as a "where's the coffee" people." High strung..always running around crazy and seeking attention.
I love to perform but I do not love being the center of attention. Some may think that is contradicting but actually it's not.
Lastly, I HATE the movie The Princess Bride.
Most people find it to be the BEST movie since sliced bread...for me... NO thank you! I'd watch Die Hard before that. Just say'in...
That is my blog thoughts for the day. LOL



