The True Meaning of Christmas

I was talking to my friend today. She shared with me a story of a Family Home Evening lesson that her 18 year old son gave. I won't say names because I don't want anyone to feel like I am putting them on the spot. But they know who they are and can reveal themselves if they need to set this story straight. But I just had to share because I found this to be so profound, I couldn't help but immediately want to get up and blog it!

So here it is in a nutshell. He has some younger siblings so he decided to share how Santa became a part of Christmas since the "real" meaning behind Christmas is about our Savior.  I have never in my life heard this analogy and frankly it should be told. IMO!


First there is Santa Claus. We see a red suit trimmed in white with a long white beard.  Red represents the blood of our Savior who died for us. White resembles purity in which our Savior was in every way and his ability to purify us of our sins through his sacrifice if we follow Him.

Then there are the reindeer! The Savior needs help in getting the Gift of the Gospel to the entire world so he has appointed prophets and apostles to lead and guide the way. We have prophet today and 12 apostles. (I realize that generally we only see 6-8 reindeer portrayed) but that isn't the point. 




Then there are the Elves which represent us. We are also asked by our Savior to spread the Christmas "cheer" I love in the Elf movie it shows that they too are "taught" and we all have individual responsibilities within the gospel to work (building toys) or building ours and others testimonies and giving gifts "the gift of the spirit" the gift of the gospel" 


I found this to be so profound I really wanted to share it. We have all heard the analogy of the Christmas Tree and the Candy Cane. If you haven't look those up because it seems that you can find meaning of our Savior in all we experience during this Christmas season.  It brings families together and that is what the gospel is all about bringing the Eternal nature of Families TOGETHER! 

Love this! Thank you to...(you know who you are) for sharing this with me LOVE IT!!! 



Popular posts from this blog

Gods Hands

CONTEST!