"Family Day"

So I found myself pondering today. So every year they have declared the day after Thanksgiving "Family Day" I am pretty sure that is considered a holiday.  I started to contemplate on how many of my friends have complained the Christmas tends to outshine Thanksgiving and that Thanksgiving gets overlooked. (especially on a secular level) the moment Halloween is over the stores are flooded with Christmas stuff and so the complaints of Thanksgivings being overlooked.

I personally LOVE Thanksgiving. I would say it is probably my favorite "major" holiday. (My anniversary my ultimate favorite as that is when we celebrate the  beginning of our family) But I love that Thanksgiving is the day we give thanks, that we remember all that we have. But more importantly the time we get together to spend with family.
Granted we generally spend lots of time with family at Christmas too. But then they declared the day after Thanksgiving "Family Day" so I got thinking "now" THAT gets overlooked. (Don't get me wrong I am guilty of this too) Black Friday ALWAYS takes over family day. I never hear anyone (including myself) talking about family day. It is all about shopping and buying gifts. And I admit even I like to go out and embrace the crowds time and again. But I got thinking on a spiritual level how Satan wants nothing more than to destroy the family unit. And here we are on "family day" out shopping and spending money taking away from what is most important. Our family!
So I just want to say I love my family and am glad I have them and that the biggest sales couldn't change that.


Popular posts from this blog

Gods Hands

CONTEST!