Gratitude

DAY 11
 Today it being Veterans Day what better thing to be grateful for than those who serve our country. These two men I am particularly grateful for as they are my father and my brother. I know a TRUCK load more of those who serve our country that I could name but I would undoubtedly forget someone so let me stick with the two closest to me but note that it includes ALL who serve. My dad often considered his service in the army as his "mission" I recall he told me once as they were preparing to leave on deployment a fellow comrade asked him (knowing his religious beliefs) to pray. My dad was glad to and shortly there after were informed the war had ended and they no longer had to deploy. (now my dad was great at exaggerating stories, so I don't know how true to fact that was but I don't doubt at some time he did pray often while he served our country.)
Jerry is my older brother. He serves as a mechanic in the Air National Guard. He is deployed far to often  these day...or so it seems. Just recently he sacrificed so much that he was not even able to be home to witness the birth of his first grandson. The sacrifice he makes for the country is touching. My heart aches that he couldn't be here to see and hold his grandson for the first time. I know many others who sacrifice seeing the birth of their own child. So the sacrifices these men and women make for our country are immense and they do not go unnoticed. (at least on my behalf)

Thank  you to all who serve our country willingly and valiantly and the sacrifices you make. 

Popular posts from this blog

Gods Hands

CONTEST!