Gratitude post


DAY 21

I am grateful for my siblings. All 9 of them! I don't care what parents they came from I love them the same! They have all be apart of my journey and I am happy to call them my brothers and sisters. Two of them unfortunately have left this earth but their purpose now is far greater. I miss both of them dearly. My siblings have helped bring laughter and tears to my eyes and I to them. They are all amazing in their own ways.

We have Kayleen who is #1 and the ultimate example of how to be a good Mom I look up to her for that. She is the epitome of being able to juggle kids, keep a clean house, cook and still have time for fun while she masters scrap booking and is quite crafty.

Then there is Jerry. We are actually a lot alike in a lot of ways. He is a quiet guy who knows how to party and laugh and joke but he keeps it under wraps within the circle of close friends and family.  He is what I consider a 'silent hero'  he helps protect our country by making sure the vehicles our "service men/women" use are in top notch shape.

 Jana comes in a close 3rd as she was born just two weeks after Jerry. (no they are not twins we are a blended family need I say more) Jana is the one who teaches me to be positive in all things and find humor and everything. She can make my stomach hurt laughing. She is the one I look up to when I write. She is a brilliant writer and I hope to some day be able to write poetry as eloquently as she does.

Then comes Bryan in the 4th position. He passed away in May 2009 I had found out that very day I was pregnant with Sophia it was really hard being excited so I guess it was a bittersweet day to say the least. I admired his hard work ethic. He could juggle just about any work schedule.

Leon comes 5th. He passed away when I was 6 in an auto pedestrian accident.  If you want to know how he touches my life go back to my blog post from October 8th his birthday. I cannot even begin. I knew him the least but no offense to the rest of my siblings his influence has impacted me the most.

Rebecca (aka Becky) (although she much prefers Rebecca now) rises to the occasion and takes the 6th place in our blended family.  She is the one who always keeps it real! She is honest and unfiltered and I LOVE that about her. She may have a tough "shell" but she is caring and compassionate inside. You can see her compassion come out at her work place as she is a Vet Assistant.

 Noraleen  rounds out the 7th spot and is the peacemaker. She is not a contentious person (and neither am I) we would rather seek peace than fight the battle head on. She is caring and compassionate and therefore works with those with special needs. She has a weak spot for her nieces and nephews and spoils them rotten. She and I are close in age and in heart. I can say she is my best friend.

ElRey claims the 9th spot (as I stole the 8th) this kid is a spiritual giant and also one with a sense of humor that can make you laugh. Unfortunately he married an awesome woman who outshines his humor. But he doesn't care he's enjoying the ride. He is an amazing father and and husband and those who know him should be taking notes. He is just plain awesome

Then Jacob rounds out the family as the caboose. #10! He is much like Jerry and I. The silent type who love and serve but prefer to be in the background. He is also a lot like Rebecca in the way that he may appear like he has an hard outer shell but the interior is soft and lovable. He truly seeks to serve others. He is also the type where if it isn't his way...it is the highway...so don't mess with Jake!

I love my brothers and sisters and they are just way awesome...

(I also hope they don't mind me kidnapping some of their photos.) Just know I love you all!


Popular posts from this blog

Gods Hands

CONTEST!