Grateful Post
DAY 9
With it being Sunday and unable to attend church because my youngest daughter is home sick. I am grateful for the scriptures. Although I benefit from these more than just on Sunday. I am so grateful for the messages that are within its pages. Of the Book of Mormon, the Bible, the Doctrine and Covenants, the Pearl of Great Price and also the words of our living prophets found in a church magazine called the Ensign. Every six months the Ensign is focused on just the talks given by apostles and prophets and other church leaders and the lastest Conference edition was just published this month.
I love to read and be uplifted by the words of all the prophets both past and present. My all time favorite scripture is what I refer to as my life goal. It is found in the New Testament
Galations 2:20. Paul the apostle is defending the church in Jerusalem and shares his testimony boldly:
20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
I hope that by the way I live my life people can see Christ's light in the way I treat others, the way I act, and the way I serve people around me. I would hope that the faith I have in my Savior reflects my everyday actions and that my testimony can shine like that of Paul's. That although Christ himself is not here on the earth today that I, as a disciple of Christ, can reflect who he would want me to be and that I can strive to become more like him.
One of my favorite talks from this last General Conference address was by Richard G. Scott. (one of the 12 apostles today) I was really sick that Sunday so I wasn't able to get a lot out of conference so I have been trying to go back and read the talks from the Ensign. Nathan was really moved by this talk and told me I really needed to go back and actually watch and listen to it online at LDS General Conference and so I did. What I got out of it was completely different from what he got out of the talk but what we individually needed to hear. What I got out of it the most is that I needed to start putting more focus on reading my scriptures on a daily basis. Although I can't say life has gotten easier per se. I have felt a difference in the way the spirit has worked in my life. I have felt more peace and more joy than I have in a while. I LOVE the feeling of the Holy Ghost (aka Spirit) for those who may being reading this that may or may not be familiar with my faith/religion. I have really enjoyed the stronger companionship of the Holy Ghost in my life since I made the change.
So therefore I am very grateful for scriptures and the influence of the Holy Ghost when I read its pages.

