Grateful post one! Day 1, 2 & 3
So every November tons of people on FaceBook decide to do the monthly gratitude challenge. I have rarely done it but not because I think it is cheesy and overdone (although it is cheesy and overdone) . Really, what is bad about posting things that (may or may not be cheesy) that we are thankful for? Absolutely nothing in fact I think it is a great thing. It helps us reflect on the good in our lives despite the trials we face on a daily basis. I think it wonderful to promote good things and gratitude.
So although it is an excellent idea I am horrible at doing it on a regular basis. However although I am starting three days late (never too late to start) I decided I was going to do my best to do it this year.
That being said, I plan to do it with my blog and then linking it for those who do wish to read my cheesy and not so cheesy posts. Then those that find it "just too much" can skip right over it if they so please. The other reason why I have never done it regularly is because I would feel ungrateful if I didn't start out with the most important so then every year it would be repetitive and boring. (right?) But frankly it has to start somewhere and although I am thankful for the little things in life too (and I am sure I will share some of those too as the month progresses) I think I need to start at the top of the ladder. Because with this first one I don't think any of the others really matter.
I am going to put these two men together because after all they are one in purpose. I am grateful for my Heavenly Father and his only Begotten Son Jesus Christ and for the blessings of an Eternal Father in Heaven and for the sacrifice Christ made on my behalf (as well as everyone else) so that we could live with them again. Along with the knowledge of his restored gospel to this earth. Seriously without either of them nothing else is important. I am grateful for their love and the influence that I feel from the Holy Ghost (the third member of the Godhead) each day of my life.
So although it is an excellent idea I am horrible at doing it on a regular basis. However although I am starting three days late (never too late to start) I decided I was going to do my best to do it this year.
That being said, I plan to do it with my blog and then linking it for those who do wish to read my cheesy and not so cheesy posts. Then those that find it "just too much" can skip right over it if they so please. The other reason why I have never done it regularly is because I would feel ungrateful if I didn't start out with the most important so then every year it would be repetitive and boring. (right?) But frankly it has to start somewhere and although I am thankful for the little things in life too (and I am sure I will share some of those too as the month progresses) I think I need to start at the top of the ladder. Because with this first one I don't think any of the others really matter.
DAY 1
I am going to put these two men together because after all they are one in purpose. I am grateful for my Heavenly Father and his only Begotten Son Jesus Christ and for the blessings of an Eternal Father in Heaven and for the sacrifice Christ made on my behalf (as well as everyone else) so that we could live with them again. Along with the knowledge of his restored gospel to this earth. Seriously without either of them nothing else is important. I am grateful for their love and the influence that I feel from the Holy Ghost (the third member of the Godhead) each day of my life.
DAY 2
This guy is amazing! I am glad he is mine and that he stuck around long enough to marry me. Seriously, I never imagined marriage could be even remotely as good as it is. I hate to admit it but I underestimated marriage in a large way. It might be because divorce surrounded me growing up but little did I know what immense joy it could bring into my life with the right person, at the right time, in the right place. He makes every day worth waking up to and to the adventures that wait for us. He is a strength to me and our family and works hard, plays hard, and prays hard. All important in so many ways. I could write a book just about him. But I think he would want me to stop here. Thank you Nathan for loving me!
DAY 3
I guess this takes out the surprise for the next few days as you can see what my next 4 days after this will be about. But I could lump them all together but they are individuals so I will keep them separate. Besides who doesn't like to hear me talk about my kids. I am grateful Natali is my firstborn. She is growing up into an amazing young woman. She is beautiful in every way. She is sensitive to everyone else's feelings. She tries hard to serve everyone around her by helping out. (especially me) She tends to her brothers and sisters better than I ever thought she could. She is a social butterfly that loves making friends and being apart of the bigger picture. She is has a soft heart and can be found helping and serving those that need it the most. She is not afraid to become friends with the "outcast". She loves art and enjoys playing the piano and clarinet.


