DAY 19
I am very grateful to my parents. They have been on my mind a lot lately. Okay...they are on my mind all. the. time! I miss them terribly. But it is this time of year we lost both of them. My dad passed through the veil December 7, 2011 and my mom followed shortly there after on October 1, 2012. There is still a hole in my heart that can't be filled. They are amazing. They taught me so much that shaped me to be who I am to day. I learned that material things are trivial and that family is what matters most. The ironic thing about this is, is we were not exactly the most "functional" family. But despite the distance between us and the craziness of what brought us all together we all love each other. Some of us may not be able to express it as well and despite all of our weaknesses and faults that may have caused some of the "distance"  we all realize that we are human and make mistakes and are just doing the best we know how. We read a story for my creative writing class that was centered on a dysfunctional Latter-day Saint family. And although my issues were never quite as extreme as those in the story I realize that although we were dysfunctional in a lot of aspects we love and continue to love each other despite our weaknesses as individuals. I feel my parents taught me to love always and to not judge. I find that to be a special blessing they gave me.  They taught me far more than that but that is what has been on my mind as of late. So rest in peace mom and dad...until we meet again. (forgive the picture it was something I copied and it has the white paper with it. LOL)






Popular posts from this blog

Gods Hands

CONTEST!