Remembering my Dad

Remembering my Father on his birthday!
 Happy Birthday Dad!


Two years ago tomorrow I said my last goodbye
But although you are missing
In my heart you cannot hide.
I feel your presence near me
Everywhere I go
Reminding me you love me
And it always goes to show
That although I can't talk to you
and call you on the phone
 To you hear you say your famous words...
"For a cantankerous old man...I am doing fine!"
And though I cannot travel
To your home to give you hugs
I feel your arms around me
When I am feeling really "bugged"
I know you left this earth to fulfill a higher calling
but the emptiness you left here will never be forgotten.

Dad, thank you for loving me. I don't know if you know how often I think about you or miss you or if you are sitting over my shoulder reading what I have to say. But as I may appear strong on the outside, I cry tears inside missing you and mom everyday.

Eat some angel food cake with Bryan today and celebrate both of your birthday's in style!



Popular posts from this blog

Gods Hands

CONTEST!