Grateful
So with this coming month it is tradition on FaceBook for people to say what they are thankful for starting November 1st all the way to Thanksgiving. Which this year falls on the 28th. (so pretty much the entire month). I am not one that thinks it is over done. I do feel however that if I do I am "following the crowd" when doing so and I don't know why, but I have never been one to "follow the crowd". So although I think it is fabulous that we are all focusing on what we are thankful for and that it is a good thing and welcome it, I personally struggle being consistent in posting something I am thankful for on a daily basis. I just recently did a gratitude post on my blog (that counts right?). That being said, you will see a few thankful posts here an there.
But I find it interesting that a few weeks ago as I was thinking over my goals, I was trying to think of something that I could try to improve on. One weakness of mine that I feel is far to prominent for my liking (because frankly everyone struggles with this) is I am a chronic complainer. I don't mean to complain, nor do I want to, but I find myself complaining far too often about the little things. As I was thinking about this I was contemplating how I could better myself in this area.
I find that I complain too much on FaceBook about my kids not going to bed and other random things. I thought that for the month of November I would not complain at all on FaceBook. After deciding that, I thought maybe I could do it all the time not necessarily just on FaceBook (well I have already fallen off that band wagon) BUT I am going to try hard not to complain as often.
I see it this way. We all strive for happiness. I think the best way to find inner joy and happiness is by not focusing on the negative things that surround us. I know that is easier said than done. Trust me I DO know...and I do not expect myself to be perfect at it-- ever-- because sometimes things happen beyond our control and sometimes we just need to express things. Ya know? So it is just something I wish to work on.
So here I am going to ask for your help as my close family and friends (who care to actually read my blog) if you find me complaining on FaceBook (I ask that you ask me to remove it and to write something I am grateful for) warning: I may just test you .LOL...and for those who talk to me if you find I am complaining to you about something. Gently remind me to be positive by giving me a hug and asking me what I am grateful for or what I am happy about at that moment.
So here I start my journey to be more positive this month.
But I find it interesting that a few weeks ago as I was thinking over my goals, I was trying to think of something that I could try to improve on. One weakness of mine that I feel is far to prominent for my liking (because frankly everyone struggles with this) is I am a chronic complainer. I don't mean to complain, nor do I want to, but I find myself complaining far too often about the little things. As I was thinking about this I was contemplating how I could better myself in this area.
I find that I complain too much on FaceBook about my kids not going to bed and other random things. I thought that for the month of November I would not complain at all on FaceBook. After deciding that, I thought maybe I could do it all the time not necessarily just on FaceBook (well I have already fallen off that band wagon) BUT I am going to try hard not to complain as often.
I see it this way. We all strive for happiness. I think the best way to find inner joy and happiness is by not focusing on the negative things that surround us. I know that is easier said than done. Trust me I DO know...and I do not expect myself to be perfect at it-- ever-- because sometimes things happen beyond our control and sometimes we just need to express things. Ya know? So it is just something I wish to work on.
So here I am going to ask for your help as my close family and friends (who care to actually read my blog) if you find me complaining on FaceBook (I ask that you ask me to remove it and to write something I am grateful for) warning: I may just test you .LOL...and for those who talk to me if you find I am complaining to you about something. Gently remind me to be positive by giving me a hug and asking me what I am grateful for or what I am happy about at that moment.
So here I start my journey to be more positive this month.

