Au"goose"t

His hernia as a baby...it improved quite considerably since then.  But it still needed surgery.

Before surgery

Well our little "goose" had hernia surgery.  I know many of you have already heard. Some were not thrilled I never said anything. Frankly, I was hesitant and really wasn't sure I was going to go through with it until the day before. I went through all the motions but letting my 2 year old go through surgery for something that essentially in MY mind was completely cosmetic I just wasn't convinced it was necessary.
Bored waiting, waiting and more waiting...

That being said, Nathan gave him a blessing the night before his surgery and I felt more at peace about going through with it and I am glad I did.
We found out after the surgery that he had to MAJOR hernias in his groin as well. Since he was born he has always complained when I changed his diaper. Sometimes it would be worse than others but I often found myself looking where the diaper rash was because of his reaction every time I would lift his legs to wipe or lift his legs to put his diaper on.
Caught digging for gold while watching T.V. while waiting for surgery.
I am starting to believe that maybe he was in pain and had NO idea. So this little "Munchkin" has NOT let the surgery slow him down. The doctor reassured us that at his age he wouldn't do anything that would hurt or damage his healing. I BEG to differ!  Just yesterday he was playing on the couch and fell on his 'noggin' I am just glad it was nothing too serious. This kid is keeping me on my toes. He is still not afraid to climb up on things, jump off things and try to get over the gate we put up to keep the dog upstairs. It is CRAZY. I am so afraid he is going to rip open his stitches. The glue on his belly button has already fallen off and the glue on his groin incisions are still in tact. He is still tender when I clean him up and lately he REFUSES to let me take off his shirt. (still trying to figure that one out) but I still manage to pry it off his little boy body. LOL...

He is just the sweetest thing.  He is now 2 and a bundle of energy. He loves chocolate milk and...chocolate milk. He loves junk food and throws a fit when we make him eat anything other than that. He likes the good food too but if he sees junk food he wants that and nothing else. (but what kid isn't like that). LOL..
He loves wearing his swim trunks and will ask for them by rotating his hands in circles like he is swimming. He LOVES the color orange! He loves his big sister Natali and will go to her if Mom or Dad don't give him what he wants. He also loves to play house with Sophia and will usually do anything she asks. If he doesn't I hear it from Sophia. LOL...he is her little puppet.
 caught with a bowl on his head
 climbing on the counter
 Look at that smile
 Jamm'in with Sophia!

I love this little boy. He rounds out our family quite nicely. He is always into mischief but he makes us smile. He isn't much for talking or communicating but isn't necessarily shy either. Gotta love this kid!



Popular posts from this blog

Gods Hands

CONTEST!