Remembering...
this beautiful lady on her birthday...
My Mom!
I can't even begin to express how much I miss her right now. My mom is the only one I can talk to about literally everything. I know you are all thinking you have Nathan now. (I say that to myself all.the.time!)And yes, granted Nathan is my husband and he knows every detail about me and loves me unconditionally as well as being my eternal companion and the love of my life; but that cannot replace what my mom has taught me and helped shape me to be who I am. There are those moments where I just need my mom. I need to talk to her and hear her voice.
I have had many people tell me since her passing that I can still talk to her and that it is the same. I will be the first to say that NO, NO it's not! Yes, I can talk to her and I do. People who have lost their own mother's even say that to me so I can't say that only those who have lost their mother's know how I feel because frankly some don't.
She has been on my mind quite a bit lately and not just because her birthday is today there have seriously been moments where I just "needed" her. To lean on, to talk to, to just "listen" to me. And no matter what anyone can say only SHE could be "that" person. The fact that I can say that is evident of her true character.
The unconditionally loving person she is/was. She is the most compassionate person I have ever met and known and was never quick to judge anyone and always gave people the "benefit for the doubt" Although at times she would offer advice she usually didn't. She usually asked you questions so you could figure it out for yourself. Unfortunately she is not here to physically talk too but I know she is with me.
She was an amazing person and I miss her and on her birthday I just want to recognize what a wonderful person she is/was and that I hope to be half the woman she was. I have a lot to work on.
I love you Mom! Happy Birthday! Celebrate in style!