Slack'in...just tell'in like it is...reader beware...

So...as you can all see I have been slacking on updating the menu's etc...so hopefully no one was following too closely.

So, I can say that I am pretty sure I am the ONLY one who has not had ANY wheat this month so far. Obviously with the kids and school and birthday parties they have all had pizza, crackers, or burgers which all had wheat (but it HAS been minimal) Nathan made a slight mishap last night avoiding the obvious cookies but had ice cream only to realize it was "cookies and cream" LOL! So he has been doing really good too.

So I am not going to post my menus anymore since I am clearly behind. This week so far for dinner included
Chicken, pork chops, meatloaf (we make ours with oatmeal not breadcrumbs it has always been like that) and tonight is going to be breakfast for dinner (scrambled eggs and hash browns). Lunches have consisted mostly of chicken, rice, turkey dogs, baked potatoes (and for me not the kids, shrimp & fish).

But so I am sure you all want to know (how are you feeling?) have you noticed a huge difference and the answer is NOPE! Not a bit. I have less patience (although that I really don't think has anything to do with a lack of wheat) LOL or the whole cutting it out bit. Cutting it out actually hasn't been that difficult. The biggest difference I have seen and this is where the reader beware. TMI warning...is bowel movements. I can't say that they have changed for the better if that makes any sense.

It hasn't led to better eating either. It has been about the same I think. Just different carbs.

It has made an impact in Nathan's weight but no one else's. And he is a work-out aholic if you didn't already know that. As for other issues (particularly with headaches in Natali and Kate) the headaches didn't subside in the first two weeks. BUT as someone else had mentioned that it could be a vision issue with Natali. So literally last week it just all came together. Natali mentioned her teacher had moved the class around and she was now at the back of the class. I asked her if she could see the board. She said, "No".  That VERY night, Nathan came home early while Natali was practicing the piano and had her head practically on the paper (trying to see the notes). The next day her piano teacher noticed the same and let her try her reading glasses and it helped. So we went straight away and bought her some reading glasses (to get her by until we could get her seen). We made an appointment and took her in this past week. The Dr. came out and asked what my concerns were with her (before giving me results) I said, she complained of not being able to see the board nor read well and daily headaches particularly at school around lunch time. (her grades in language were poor this semester too (all making sense now) anyway the Dr. explained that she is showing right now that she is nearsighted, but because I mentioned she could not see the board at school and complaining of headaches that she believes she may be over correcting her eyesight in attempts to see the board thus causing migraines. She said, unfortunately she has gotten so use to it that she did it at the office that day and read perfect 20/20 BUT...she felt she may actually be farsighted but that we need to take away Natali's ability to "over correct" and dilate her eyes (that appointment is this coming Tuesday). Ironic is that after leaving the Dr.'s office, Natali started complaining of a headache. (can we say over correcting at the Dr. office?) Oooooh. how I hope we get more answers come Tuesday. The other ironic thing is, since I bought her the reading glasses (even though it has only been 1 week to the day) she has complained far less about headaches (and funny thing...so has Kate)...I am starting to think Kate just wants attention because Natali is getting it. Oh...goodness...the joys of motherhood.

So I know that was a long drawn out tangent when I was originally blogging about our lack of wheat. All I can say is I am ready to eat my wheat...but I am going to stick this out until the 30th....(maybe)

Popular posts from this blog

Gods Hands

CONTEST!