March Madness 2nd week meal plan

Because it started on a Friday it has messed my head up. LOL...so I am going to go Friday through the following Sunday and try to update my blogs on Friday for the upcoming week so that those who might be taking on the challenge have time to shop. But I am pretty much doubting anyone is doing this with us but I am sure there are those taking recipes that are yummy! Either way is fine but I did say I would post the menu a week in advance and I am already behind for next week. Then hopefully I will again come Friday. We shall see...this is the upcoming menu starting this Friday. I just want to note that if you do see a recipe that has flour I am using rice flour in the recipe. I also wanted to state that we are not sweating the small stuff if the kids have a child in their classroom celebrating a birthday at school and they bring cupcakes or cookie (or snack time) that has flour we have told them to not stress about it and enjoy. We will control what we can and not worry about what we can't...

Friday March 8

Breakfast
Oatmeal and brown sugar with raisins or choice of cereal

Lunch
Turkey or ham in corn tortillas with cheese stick, chips (rice cakes) or fruit

create your own sandwich with a corn tortilla

Dinner
Sweet and Spicy Chicken, steamed potatoes and Asparagus




Saturday March 9

Breakfast
Egg and hash brown skillet

I saw something similar to this but with potatoes. So no set recipe. I planned to just cook the hash browns with some crumbled bacon and seasonings of salt and pepper then when almost tender make a little nest in the pan put in the egg (I plan to scramble the kids eggs but cook them the same way)

Lunch
Left over's or turkey dogs

Dinner
Vegetarian Hawaiian Haystacks

Sorry to inform you that I don't have a recipe for this. I know it is normally made with chicken but I plan on just making a white sauce to go over the top but then have the following tomatoes, green onion, peas, broccoli, mandarin oranges, olives, mushrooms, sugar snap peas and probably asparagus. I am pretty confident that the chow mein noodles have flour/wheat in them so we will also be passing on those (but I haven't looked into it) regardless this was the best I could to describe what we were going to have. 


Sunday March 10


Breakfast

Cereal of choice


Lunch

Homemade chicken nuggests, french fries, and fruit

No recipe for this either. I just plan on using cornmeal and rice flour and baking them...we will see what happens.


Dinner

Flank Steak pinwheels, smushed potatoes and green beans



This is simple...bake red potatoes (smaller work better) in tinfoil for about 45 minutes on 400 just until they are soft enough to smash. Take out unwrap. Put on cookie sheet. Smash with bottom of glass or bowl. Drizzle with olive oil or butter and sprinkle with Kosher salt, pepper, parsley (fresh is best) and garlic salt. Broil for 5-7 minutes


Monday March 11


Breakfast

Cereal of choice


Lunch

Turkey dogs, potato chips, fruit and pudding cup
My kids love these...less fat and less calories than normal hotdogs worth a try and .98 a package at Walmart (always) so cheap and good that's the trick!
Dinner
Fiesta Quinoa and chicken salad with a side green salad

Fiesta Quinoa Chicken salad

Natali suggested this recipe as I was looking for ideas...the ironic thing is she will be the one to complain once it is on the table. That being said we are prepping to renovate our walls and floors next week so this one we may not do since we may very well have to eat out that night. LOL If not we may choose to do something different that night or serve it all separate. Grilled chicken and quinoa but I thought I would share the recipe anyway. I LOVE quinoa!


Tuesday March 12


Breakfast

Scrambled eggs with bacon and fruit


Lunch

Leftovers or grilled chicken with rice and fruit


Dinner

Brown sugar pork chops with balsamic glazed potatoes and corn



Wednesday March 13


Breakfast

Oatmeal or cereal of choice


Lunch

Ham or turkey in corn tortillas with chips, cheese stick and pudding cup


Dinner

Cilantro Lime Chicken, rice and cauliflower


  





Thursday March 14


Breakfast

Cereal of choice


Lunch

 beans and rice

or black it makes no difference...see my recipe at the link to my food blog (I should probably be using my food blog for this adventure...but I am not) LOL
Dinner
Jennie O Turkey loaf with garlic red skinned mashed potatoes and peas

These are like $4 at Walmart 3 something or other...and my kids LOVE them...it actually comes with gravy but is GLUTEN FREE! So yummy! We have to make two to feed our family though. LOL






Friday March 15


Breakfast

Cereal of choice


Lunch

Left over Turkey loaf and mashed potatoes or turkey or ham with corn tortillas


Dinner

Nacho's with ground beef, onions, tomatoes, olives, guacamole, sour cream etc..
use your imagination. I buy the HUGE can at Sams just as cheap as buying it elsewhere. If we don't use it all I will be calling friends who want some of the cheese but it REALLY good nacho cheese


Saturday March 16


Breakfast

Scrambled eggs, hash browns and fruit


Lunch

homemade chicken nuggets, friench fries and fuit


Dinner

Chicken Costa Brava, rice and corn



I have never tried this recipe...we will see how it goes

Sunday  March 17


Breakfast

Green eggs and ham and Kiwi and green grapes


use your imagination. I might roll these up in corn tortillas. 



Lunch

Left over rice with green sour cream mushroom and green bean sauce


Dinner






Corned Beef and cabbage with potatoes and carrots



Popular posts from this blog

Gods Hands

CONTEST!