What ARE we thinking?
So Nathan proposed an idea last night that has me excited but also nervous! He suggested that just for one month we go FLOURLESS! (aka pretty much gluten-free).
I will be honest we are bread people. We love our bread and crackers and cake and cookies...so this will be an interesting feat. I asked him if he would hold it against me if I quit after a week in? He said of course! J/K...he didn't say that.
So we posed the ideas to the kids and they seem excited but I really don't think the reality of what they CANNOT have has hit them yet. I guess after they find out they pretty much can't have any hot lunch at school and that lunches will leave something to be desired for the month of March this should prove to be interesting...although the three older kids are not my biggest concern. It is the younger kids who thrive on macaroni and cheese and chicken nuggets for lunch. LOL...we shall see how this works out.
So I have less than a week to figure out gluten free breakfast, lunch and dinner ideas for the entire month of march. The kids are going to throw a fit when they can't have their pancakes, waffles, German pancakes and french toast (especially for dinner).
I think I have enough ideas for dinners but I will be trying new things...but lunch and breakfast will be a challenge. I am glad to know that cold cereal is not totally out. We have Cheerios, Chex, Rice Krispies, and we discovered last night that Cap'n Crunch and Oops All berries do not have flour in them. I think I will survive breakfast for the most part...
Lunches...well...that is another story in and of itself. They are going to have to get used to taking grilled chicken and rice. Or turkey hot dogs. They can have some potato chips so that is a relief...any other ideas you could all give me for lunches would be awesome!
I think this can be good in so many ways but I am afraid it is going to lead me into other issues
I will be honest we are bread people. We love our bread and crackers and cake and cookies...so this will be an interesting feat. I asked him if he would hold it against me if I quit after a week in? He said of course! J/K...he didn't say that.
So we posed the ideas to the kids and they seem excited but I really don't think the reality of what they CANNOT have has hit them yet. I guess after they find out they pretty much can't have any hot lunch at school and that lunches will leave something to be desired for the month of March this should prove to be interesting...although the three older kids are not my biggest concern. It is the younger kids who thrive on macaroni and cheese and chicken nuggets for lunch. LOL...we shall see how this works out.
So I have less than a week to figure out gluten free breakfast, lunch and dinner ideas for the entire month of march. The kids are going to throw a fit when they can't have their pancakes, waffles, German pancakes and french toast (especially for dinner).
I think I have enough ideas for dinners but I will be trying new things...but lunch and breakfast will be a challenge. I am glad to know that cold cereal is not totally out. We have Cheerios, Chex, Rice Krispies, and we discovered last night that Cap'n Crunch and Oops All berries do not have flour in them. I think I will survive breakfast for the most part...
Lunches...well...that is another story in and of itself. They are going to have to get used to taking grilled chicken and rice. Or turkey hot dogs. They can have some potato chips so that is a relief...any other ideas you could all give me for lunches would be awesome!
I think this can be good in so many ways but I am afraid it is going to lead me into other issues
But we will be eating a lot of
Just to name a few...I could eat beans and rice everyday...my family on the other hand. LOL
Well...wish us luck! In April we will gradually allow some gluten back in but we want to try and limit (cut back) because really we are OUT.OF.CONTROL when it comes to our breads...and so for one month I no longer can make my favorite find....and that is ....my garlic knots....sigh...but I will still be cooking with TONS of garlic! Can't keep me from that!























