4 down 1 to go!
By Golly Gosh! I think she got it!
ONE HAPPY!!!!!!
So I must admit that potty training every child has been sooooo different. I was always taught that when you go to potty training you go straight to underwear and no turning back...this is what I have to say about that....
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!
So NOT worth that torture...I guess that is why they did come up with pull ups BUT...they are so freak'in expensive you still are committed to potty training as fast as you can to cut down costs. So yep..
Natali: trained at 18 months....did great...regressed at age 2...Started her again around 2 1/2 but wore pull ups at night until she was 6.
Noah: Poor kid got neglected because of major health issues and heart surgery during that time he needed to be potty trained so I didn't get around to it until he was nearly 4. Took one weekend of 4 hours and he had it down!
Katie. Started her around 2 1/2. She REFUSED...she had no desire and with two other kids and pregnant with number 4. I couldn't say I was going to push it. But the week of her third birthday she just decided to do it!
Sophia...she has understood the concept since she was 2 but we just let her go if she wanted to didn't push the issue. As her 3rd birthday approached I really wanted her to be potty trained by age 3. So I put her in panties all day and with errands to run and kids to take and pick up and one of those mid-day I finally said, Pull-UPS! I still reminded her consistently she would often tell me but finally last week she got the peeing down but pooping was still an issue. I thought the moment she finally puts another poop in the toilet (she did once by default) won't go into that. But I thought when she finally does it again herself she will have it down! Sure enough three days ago she finally did it. She went one day all day accident free (but she didn't poop for 2 days) I told her she needed to poop or her tummy would hurt and so the next day (day three) she pooped in her pull up ( I reassured it was okay but that to keep trying to go for the potty) that same night I found her at dinner crouched down by her chair. I said, Sophia...do you need to poop. She said, yes, I am pooping. I said, really lets take it to the potty (she now is realizing what it feels like when she needs to run to the bathroom. Nathan happened to be standing right there so he also encouraged her and he put her on the toilet and she had not yet "pooped" within seconds she pooped and boy did she "POOP"! I have never seen anything like it! LOL...All the other kids got excited and came running (from the dinner table mind you) to see her achievement! This was actually a GOOD thing it made her so excited! She got to FINALLY get something from her poop basket and ever since she KNOWS when she needs to poop and for three days has been accident free.
I finally graduated her to panties during the day (night will still be sometime) but I am THRILLED! and so is she!




