Political Rant...
It is no lie that I hate politics...My husband loves them...although we mostly agree on things politically I loathe the hatred that arises during politics. I have to be honest...I actually voted against someone yesterday just because the research I had found the first thing I saw him write was something negative about his opponent and continued on that way through the majority of article (I found out beforehand that he was a member of the church) and usually my mind generally gravitates that way because most (not all) are kind and compassionate. But this guy did not show me that and I just couldn't vote for him and he lost (by a landslide) I won't say who...but it was a local leader.
Everyone knows I was a Mitt Romney supporter...I think it comes down to issues and what is more important to certain people. For me the importance was getting this nation out of debt...now granted that will NEVER happen but it sure would help to cut the deficit to help stabilize our economy...MANY people don't see it that way they want things for free and life to be "easy". Well life is far from easy and I must admit with the turn out of the election it could very well make things more difficult BUT...that is beside the point we have endured trials, heartaches, challenges and we will continue to do that no matter who is President. We need to stand together as a nation and help our President be successful.
Everyone is so concerned about the secondary things of "women's rights", "gay marriage" "abortion issues" those will all come in time if we can fix the bigger issues of national debt, foreign policies, security issues etc...but I just have to say what is all this crap about women's rights anyway? I don't see us being abused politically in any way...k nuf said....anyway...my point is this....
Everyone knows I was a Mitt Romney supporter...I think it comes down to issues and what is more important to certain people. For me the importance was getting this nation out of debt...now granted that will NEVER happen but it sure would help to cut the deficit to help stabilize our economy...MANY people don't see it that way they want things for free and life to be "easy". Well life is far from easy and I must admit with the turn out of the election it could very well make things more difficult BUT...that is beside the point we have endured trials, heartaches, challenges and we will continue to do that no matter who is President. We need to stand together as a nation and help our President be successful.
Everyone is so concerned about the secondary things of "women's rights", "gay marriage" "abortion issues" those will all come in time if we can fix the bigger issues of national debt, foreign policies, security issues etc...but I just have to say what is all this crap about women's rights anyway? I don't see us being abused politically in any way...k nuf said....anyway...my point is this....
Luke 11:17
17 But he, knowing their thoughts, said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and a house divided against a house falleth.
Basically it is this...the country is divided and if we can't come together and work together then we are all just as much at fault as our President of this country...
I find it sad that people threaten to move out of the country and I know most are probably just joking to ease their minds on the matter but my thoughts are if you really feel that way...then go and good luck... I find it really sad that people feel they have to criticize our President to the point of comparing him with people who have done very bad things. I may not agree with his political policies but he is a good man who wants good for this country just like Romney does. And I hope he means it when he says he wants to sit down with Romney to help better the country...
But if not we need to stand together and stop the division. Life moves on...we must move with it.
One more rant that I need to add. I saw a lot of people comment about getting their food storage into high gear...."hasn't the prophet being telling us to do that for years now?" maybe it is a good thing Obama was re-elected so that people will actually do just that!
Okay rant over....
Congratulations to our President for winning his second term. May we hold on tight and enjoy (or try) to enjoy the ride!