Me :-)
So I know some people wanted to see before and after pictures of me. So here they are. This was when I was at my heaviest weight after giving birth to Kate and after heart surgery. My health was such crap after having Kate that I held onto more weight after pregnancy. It wasn't until August 2007 before I could finally start exercising again and I lost 20 lbs before I got pregnant with Sophia
This is June 2007 before heart surgery. weighing 174 lbs
This was August 2007 after surgery fluctuating between 174-176. My healthy weight limit according to my research at the time was 176. I then worked hard and weighed 154 before getting pregnant with Sophia.
Here is what I looked like just days before having August. I didn't look much different after that and I started my weigh loss journey the end of June after I got the all clear from my Dr.
I continue to have hiccups with my health but overall I am doing well. My biggest issue is people wanting to "coddle" me and "protect" me. I am blessed beyond measure with great family and friends. When I am meant to cross beyond this veil of life it will happen. I can only do what I can in this life to be happy NOW. To be an example to those around me NOW. To serve the Lord NOW. Putting me in a bubble and filling it with medications is not going to make me happy, give me the energy to be an example or serve the Lord. I want to be happy and I want to do ALL those things.I need those around me to understand that if I need help. I WILL ask for it. I need people to trust that I will listen to the promptings of the Spirit in what is best for myself and for my family. The last thing I want to do is leave my husband on this earth alone with 5 children to care for. Everything I do, I do prayerfully. Am I apt to make mistakes? YES! But I am doing the best I can like everyone else is. I know people get frustrated because they think I am nuts for some of the decisions I have/do made/make. I can't say they have all been "right" but I will say when I have taken "risks" I have been blessed beyond even my comprehension. I still can't fathom some days how merciful Heavenly Father has been to myself and my family. I do have moments in my life where I wonder how I have escaped death and others have not. But my mission on this life is not yet completed and when it is...it is...I don't want to be afraid of dying and more importantly I don't want to be afraid of living either. So I am trying to be happy and work with Dr's to give me a long life ahead of me without being miserable at the same time. I know without a doubt I still have several missions to complete with Nathan. So hang on ya all...I plan to be around for quite a long time. (knock on wood). God has all power. This I know...so I am going to continue to live His Gospel and follow the Spirit and be happy NOW. And when the "now" is over and he "calls" me home I will accept his call and go, but until then...you have to live with me...
So that is a "rant" I have wanted to do for some time...so there....I feel better now!
Spotlight on me...
I am incredibly in over my head in love with Nathan...I can't thank Heavenly Father enough for giving him to me. I am ECSTATIC to be spending eternity with him. (yes, I am a sap)
I love beans...black beans, red beans, pinto beans, white beans, navy beans...prepared spicy in different kinds of meals.
My favorite color is red, it is a strong bold color that adds color to any room.
I also LOVE silver!
I love to ♫♫sing...sing...sing...♪♫♪
I love to dance
I love to act
I love to write poetry...short stories...and other randomness
I enjoy coloring
I love playing board games
I love to organize and wish I had more time to utilize that talent. LOL...I keep thinking...when the kids are in school...when I move...when I....
yup I am full of excuses....
I have a new found love for cooking and baking. More for cooking though. I love fresh herbs...they really do make a HUGE difference in the way a dish tastes particularly with Basil, parsley and garlic. I love Red onion and orange, red and yellow bell peppers. I LOVE pepper. I also love crushed red pepper and roasted red pepper.
I love tomatoes! Especially fresh from a garden (one day I will have a real live thriving garden)
I love food! I love healthy food. But I also love a good oatmeal scotchie cookie or a peanut butter chocolate rice krispie treat or homemade lemon meringue pie which I NAILED last Thanksgiving.
I also have a weakness for Klondike bars (any kind) and mint chocolate chip ice cream and chocolate cake (especially BTS Cake) but any chocolate cake will do the trick.
Talents I plan to acquire this year besides continually getting better at cooking.
Is learn to play the piano.
I love to smile and laugh and play with my kids and have good quality family time. I love dinner time and I often find myself loving the chaotic moments of life when all the kids are running around screaming, crying, laughing or just eating and enjoying our time with each other....I love being a wife and mother even amid the chaos!
