Mother's Day
I'm going to be honest....I was a little disheartened to find out that our Stake President decided to move our Ward Conference from this coming Sunday the 20th to Mother's Day...First off that takes husband's away from their wives (particularly mine) but also he took mother's themselves away from their own families as well...NOW...just for the record I need to point out that I LOVE our new Stake President. He has a spirit about him that when he walks in a room you KNOW the meeting is going to be a good one. I really respect him a lot as a person and as a leader...However, I did not support his decision on this. I had been having a few really crappy few weeks and when Nathan told me of the change and that he would have meetings. I was sooo upset! It's not that Nathan wasn't going to spoil me. He is REALLY REALLY good at that. (meetings or not) That wasn't the point. It was the church always teaches family comes first and this just didn't radiate that.
I felt that the Savior himself would have cancelled meetings for His own mother/wife. In the same regards I felt that Mary would have been humble and not speak bad about it either. That being said our Stake President is not the Savior and I am not Mary...therefore neither of us are perfect anyway...
Therefore, I took a somewhat neutral approach although I bawled my eyes out to Nathan and to myself feeling disrespected in some ways but I was at one time ready to contact the Stake President and complain of my disapproval but knowing what Mary would have done I kept my mouth sealed and "dealt with it" But I won't say I was happy with it. I did the best I could to keep a positive attitude about it but I will tell you it was HARD!
I kept telling myself that it is just one Mother's Days out of many...but in the same respect I had the thought that this is just once a year....really?....they couldn't find another day?...or keep it on the scheduled day? But they couldn't...oh well...life sucks...then you die...ha ha...
That being said, Ward Conference was amazing...I was first greeted while getting out of the car by the Young Women President in my ward and she said to me "That was the BEST Ward Council I have ever been too...Such great messages...what a great start to my Mother's Day." I was thinking..."at least you had a great start...wish I could have been there..." LOL...no seriously though...
Nathan got up and made me waffles with homemade blueberry syrup, bacon and eggs. DELISH! He is amazing. The kids were actually really good to me as well..they didn't fight me too much. Natali got Sophia ready for me. So I couldn't complain much. I have asked a young women from my ward who is an awesome babysitter to sit with me at church during Sacrament to help me out. It has just become overwhelming and although I have friends willing to help out too. They have kids of their own to attend too. SO...after some prayer I felt I needed to ask Gabby for her help and she willingly accepted. The Bishop shared a beautiful message as well as the Stake President about mother's.
I missed all of Sunday School because August was beyond tired and grumpy. So I bounced him around the halls on my shoulder walking in circles forever until he finally fell asleep. So I am sure it was a great lesson but instead I got exercise. LOL...Relief Society was absolutely wonderful. The lesson was given by our Stake Relief Society Presidency and the lesson was on prayer. IT was A.W.E.S.O.M.E! They also spoiled us with chocolate strawberries,brownies and marshmellows on a skewer. Yummy! First time we have been spoiled in Relief Society. We did get chocolates in Sacrament as well...that is the "usual". The Stake Relief Society sister who coordinated the RS lesson expressed how she was surprised about being asked to come to a Ward Conference on Mother's Day but humbly expressed how excited she was to be there.
I have actually known her a while as she helped serve food at my reception/open house here in Las Vegas when Nathan and I got married. But her lesson was very heartfelt from all of the Presidency and I really loved the spirit of the meeting.
Lots of experiences were shared and they asked us often to share stories of prayers being answered and I kept thinking to myself I have had SOOOOOOO many...what do I share? So I just waited for the spirit to prompt me on an experience to share that would slide nicely into the lesson but the opportunity never came. I guess those who did share needed that more than I did. But it really was a wonderful meeting. I feel so blessed with answers to my prayers.
Nathan spoiled me by grilling up steaks (that I bought while he was out of town) along with some yummy potatoes and asparagus. They all spoiled me with gifts including the kids. Nathan took them to the dollar store the Wednesday prior to Mother's day and they each spent $2-3 dollars on me. It was a much better day than I expected but it still would have been nice to see more of my husband that day.
I felt that the Savior himself would have cancelled meetings for His own mother/wife. In the same regards I felt that Mary would have been humble and not speak bad about it either. That being said our Stake President is not the Savior and I am not Mary...therefore neither of us are perfect anyway...
Therefore, I took a somewhat neutral approach although I bawled my eyes out to Nathan and to myself feeling disrespected in some ways but I was at one time ready to contact the Stake President and complain of my disapproval but knowing what Mary would have done I kept my mouth sealed and "dealt with it" But I won't say I was happy with it. I did the best I could to keep a positive attitude about it but I will tell you it was HARD!
I kept telling myself that it is just one Mother's Days out of many...but in the same respect I had the thought that this is just once a year....really?....they couldn't find another day?...or keep it on the scheduled day? But they couldn't...oh well...life sucks...then you die...ha ha...
That being said, Ward Conference was amazing...I was first greeted while getting out of the car by the Young Women President in my ward and she said to me "That was the BEST Ward Council I have ever been too...Such great messages...what a great start to my Mother's Day." I was thinking..."at least you had a great start...wish I could have been there..." LOL...no seriously though...
Nathan got up and made me waffles with homemade blueberry syrup, bacon and eggs. DELISH! He is amazing. The kids were actually really good to me as well..they didn't fight me too much. Natali got Sophia ready for me. So I couldn't complain much. I have asked a young women from my ward who is an awesome babysitter to sit with me at church during Sacrament to help me out. It has just become overwhelming and although I have friends willing to help out too. They have kids of their own to attend too. SO...after some prayer I felt I needed to ask Gabby for her help and she willingly accepted. The Bishop shared a beautiful message as well as the Stake President about mother's.
I missed all of Sunday School because August was beyond tired and grumpy. So I bounced him around the halls on my shoulder walking in circles forever until he finally fell asleep. So I am sure it was a great lesson but instead I got exercise. LOL...Relief Society was absolutely wonderful. The lesson was given by our Stake Relief Society Presidency and the lesson was on prayer. IT was A.W.E.S.O.M.E! They also spoiled us with chocolate strawberries,brownies and marshmellows on a skewer. Yummy! First time we have been spoiled in Relief Society. We did get chocolates in Sacrament as well...that is the "usual". The Stake Relief Society sister who coordinated the RS lesson expressed how she was surprised about being asked to come to a Ward Conference on Mother's Day but humbly expressed how excited she was to be there.
I have actually known her a while as she helped serve food at my reception/open house here in Las Vegas when Nathan and I got married. But her lesson was very heartfelt from all of the Presidency and I really loved the spirit of the meeting.
Lots of experiences were shared and they asked us often to share stories of prayers being answered and I kept thinking to myself I have had SOOOOOOO many...what do I share? So I just waited for the spirit to prompt me on an experience to share that would slide nicely into the lesson but the opportunity never came. I guess those who did share needed that more than I did. But it really was a wonderful meeting. I feel so blessed with answers to my prayers.
Nathan spoiled me by grilling up steaks (that I bought while he was out of town) along with some yummy potatoes and asparagus. They all spoiled me with gifts including the kids. Nathan took them to the dollar store the Wednesday prior to Mother's day and they each spent $2-3 dollars on me. It was a much better day than I expected but it still would have been nice to see more of my husband that day.