My Favorite Things

So tomorrow night is our Relief Society Christmas activity. It is called "A Few of our Favorite Things" we are suppose to bring something that is one of my favorite things that is under or costs under $5 that we can give away as a "white elephant" we describe our favorite thing and then draw a name and that person gets it. I am so excited about this activity...but I am having a hard time narrowing things down. It also makes me think of all of my Favorite things...

"Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens..." okay not so much but I thought I would blog about my favorite things. Some are far more expensive than $5 and some are simply priceless and I would never give away...like my family...yes my husband and my children are definitely my favorites...that being said they are not "things" so on to the things...


I can't help to immediately think of food! I LOVE LOVE LOVE food!  I am such a food person! Which means I will probably give away something food. Since most people will be able to use food anyway...LOL!

1. El Pollo Loco Original Pollo Bowls....YUMMMY! With a side of spicy avocado salsa! Heck throw in a flour tortilla too!

2. I love salsa and chips...I don't eat those as much anymore but let it be known. I love it. Although with some good mexican dish.

3. I love love love beans and rice. I don't care what beans pinto, black, red...throw that together with some fresh tomatoes and lettuce and smothered in tapito hot sauce and I am sooo happy!

4. Did I mention I love tomatoes?

5. I think I already mentioned as well I LOVE tapitio hotsauce!!!

6. Trader Joes has these really really delicious kosher sandwich pickles...They are better than the vlasic pickles...YUM!

7. I love after thanksgiving sandwiches...with turkey, stuffing, jellied cranberry sauce and topped with green olives..

8. Oh did I mention I like green olives

9. I do like chocolate too but I will tell you. I would much prefer beans and rice with tapitio. LOL...okay with a side of chocolate afterwards

10. I like IBC cream soda. I am not a soda drinker in the least. Ocassionally I will have a sprite but IBC cream soda is a true treat.

11. I love Nielesen's frozen custard. If you have never had it find the nearest one and try it. YUM!

12. I am not a pizza lover but I love gourmet pizza's you know the kind that uses cheeses like Fontina. and have artichokes and sundried tomatoes on it.

Okay now let's steer away from the food...I'm getting really hungry all of a sudden...

13. I love good books. Although I love good novels and fictional stories too. I find myself really drawn to inspirational uplifting books one of my favorites is "Drawing on the Powers of Heaven" by Grant Von Harrison.  It has really changed my view about things

14. I love music...any kind especially music that either reminds me of my Savior or reminds me of Nathan.

15. I love theatrical things...particuarly that deal with musicals. I love a good musical!

16. One of my favorite things is to sing. In the shower, in the car, okay you get the picture...

17. I love my warm cozy robe that I got for Christmas a few years ago. Especially on a cold night when August or Sophia get me up in the middle of the night.

18. I can't give this away but it is one of my favorite things...the smell of rain as well as the smell of a wood fire burning stove...better yet both together!

19. Another that I can't give away but that is the sound of children's laughter particuarly a young infant but children's laughter together especially siblings and even more so my kids...is music to my ears. LOVE it!

20. Last but not all...I could probably go on and on is my cell phone...yep true I am addicted to my cell phone!

Popular posts from this blog

Gods Hands

CONTEST!