Giving Thanks
On Facebook a lot of people were doing the give thanks once a day until Thanksgiving well, I am terrible about getting on once a day so I thought I would do it all in one day. Here we go...
- Let's start at the top I am of course first and foremost thankful to my Heavenly Father. Without Him I am nothing. I appreciate that He hears my prayers and answers them even if they are not answered the way I'd like. Because that aspect I obviously have something to learn.
- I am greatful for my Savior Jesus Christ. I don't think I really need to explain much on this one the title Savior says it all. I feel His love and know his atonement is real.
- My parents! They have sacrificed so much for me as well as my siblings and always gave us what we needed and love us unconditionally even with our faults. They have taught me about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and help shape me for who I am. And I am happy with who I am and who I have become. I have come a long way and they have been with me every step of the way. Thank YOU! Mom and Dad
- My siblings. They have made me laugh and made me cry and been on this life journey together. Not that I don't love my other siblings I really really do but I want to say a special thanks to my brother Leon who helped shaped my testimony in ways many would not understand. But I am very thankful for him as well as his death which was unfortunately a part in my growing testimony. So if my siblings ever question why he died so young. Think of me and hopefully it will give you comfort.
- My many friends who have shaped me for who I am. Those who may have lost touch over the years and those whom have stuck with me through even now. We may have changed in many ways but friends we will always be.
- My husband Nathan! I am not sure words could even express how amazing he is for me and for our beautiful family we have created. He has seen me at my best and at my worst and I must say I think he is the ONLY one who has seen me at my worst. He is more than I could have asked for and I thank Heavenly Father every day for giving me sending me someone so wonderful.
- My beautiful Natali. She is my bright socialite child and so extrememly helpful in everything I do and need.
- Noah, he keeps me thinking with all of his exquistiveness. So many questions ALL the time. I think he knows more than I do on a lot of levels.
- Kathryn (aka Katie Kate) she is my mini me. She tries my patience with her stubborness but she is repaying me back for all I did to my mother. But I turned out to be a pretty good kid. So I hope she does the same for me.
- Sophia - What can I say except my "exploding monkey" is a refreshing change to our family with her climbing and into EVERYTHING! I realize with her that I have more energy than I thought I did. She keeps my weight in check because of all the calories I burn chasing her nonstop.
- August - This kid is an absolute sweetheart. I am so glad he made it to our family safe to complete the one little boy we knew we were missing.
- My health - I must admit I should be dead, or highly could be without modern medicine. Glad I am healthy again and watch my kiddo's grow up
- My doctors - They are amazing. I had to fire a lot of them to find the good ones. But all my Dr's are great. Thanks go out to Dr. Sauter for helping build our family and getting my kids here safe while keeping me alive. Dr. Ivey for carefully keeping my heart in check and helping me through the scary parts. Dr. Alazard for caring so much for our children and making sure they are healthy and happy. Dr. Mayor for taking good care of my husband.
- Food - I am a food lover and just glad I have food that satisfies.
- Nathan's jobs - Glad he has jobs and that he is able to survive in this economy although at times it is hard to have him gone long hours.
- A house with a roof over our heads to keep us dry and cool and warm.
- Two cars - Not everyone is able to have a two car family. It is nice that we don't have to shuffle kids and cars.
- Music - Music can sure open the door to so many emotions and I love feeling all of them.
- In door plumbing - need I say more
- Telecommunications - so I can call my family and check up on them as needed.
- Good books- I need to get another one to read. Specifically I love the book Drawing on the Powers of Heaven (changed me in many ways on how I look at things)
- The Scriptures for their guidance on a daily basis
- The Gift of the Holy Ghost...I can't tell you how greatful I am for this gift. It truly is the best gift I have ever recieved. I could write a book on all my experiences I have had with this divine gift. (maybe I should) LOL
- Happiness - What would life be without it.
- Thanksgiving Day! I seriously LOVE this holiday!