Labor day reflection

So this one is a more reflective post today but I am serious when I say I want to start back up blogging more. So today is about my random thoughts. Ha ha...they will get more light hearted later when I finally figure out how to upload my pictures from my cell phone. I have taken more pictures with that lately than my regular camera. And darn it all I didn't take pictures of the kids on their first day of school this year...oh well...but I have a lot to catch up on from the summer but until then...

So I was out running errands this morning after I dropped Natali and Noah at school. And I had that random thought. That almost overwhelming realization that life is just "strange" or maybe not strange per say but "weird" okay maybe not weird. I can't explain the word I am looking for. But seriously we live in a world with a lot of people. We all breathe. We have a heart that beats...Most of us can talk or walk or just do the daily "grind" I mean really what a wonderful thought and for the most part we all work together to make each of our lives easier. I mean I went to the post office to mail a package to a friend and I was just thinking yes, there are "bad" people out there, that choose to do bad things that affect others lives and some dramatically but for the most part we all work, communicate in some ways to make each others life easier. I mean if we didnt' have postal workers we would have to take what we have to them ourselves and that wouldnt' be cost effective. Think of all the farmers that bring food to our stores and do the hard labor if they didnt' willingly do that we would have to do it ourselves and then we would have to live together side by side our families to eat all the milk one cow provides or eggs a chicken provides.  We would all have to get up at the crack of dawn to feed our animals, tend to our gardens and take care of the house. I just think WOW if we ALL had to do that ourselves would we even have enough time in our day to accomplish everything and play with our kids, and further our education.
I guess we might but the thought is overwhelming. I am glad I can be at home to shuffle my kids around. Keep my house clean and cook meals from the produce and groceries I can convienently go to the grocery store for. I am glad I have some one to drive across a couple states to deliver a package to someone who can use it and a birthday card to my sister to let  her know we are thinking about her (I know I could call too) but just think to have phone companies to make sure we have phone service to begin with. How could we do it without them.  And then the trash guys! Garbage day was today and before I knew it the garbage truck was leaving our cult-e-sac and because they just changed our pick up days we missed last Friday and today so I had garbage overflowing outside of our garage.  It takes them about 30 -45 minutes to come back round but they hit the houses across from our cult-e-sac later in their route so I was able to take all my trash across the street and throw it with our neighbors garbage (hope they don't mind) and that was work just to go across the street and I thought...what if we had to do this ourselves every week (and they do it twice a week) to go down and take it to the dump or what if we actually had to bury it and burn it ourselves? Ugh...YUK! I am grateful for those who do "labor" for us on a daily basis.
The end

Popular posts from this blog

Gods Hands

CONTEST!