Friday Confessional
1. I can't do everything, I don't do everything, I don't know how I do what I do do....but it is clearly not what everyone thinks I do...I will admit that I do what I "have" to do and often feel like I can't do things I "want" to do because of all the things on my plate that I "have" to do. So don't be fooled those of you who wonder "how I do everything I do" I do barely enough to keep my head above the "water"
2. I do have my days where I am completely overwhelmed
3. I am not superwoman
4. But I do try to be
5. Whoever said after 4 kids it is just "another one" and isn't harder but rather just another mouth to feed is clearly decieved!
6. Adding a 5th child has been by far the hardest transition
7. It doesn't help I have health hurdles I am trying to jump through
8. On that note say a prayer for me between now and July 19th that we will yet witness another miracle on that day and find either 1. a dramatically changed blood clot or 2. a dissolved blood clot in it's entirety...I want #2 so badly but I will be happy with #1 and if for some reason it is still as nasty as January then I will just have to cope with it but it won't be an easy pill to swallow (called coumadin life-long)
9. We have been blessed with so many evident miracles in our lives and I can't thank my Heavenly Father and our Savior enough.
10. I am "Head Over Feet" in love with my husband...if you think I do it all...you are clearly looking at the wrong person...he is superman...but even he has his Kriptonite.
11. I am incredibly in love with all my children, even though five children has it's challenges I wouldn't trade them for anything!
12. They are incredibly smart. Noah and Natali both got A-B honor roll this year. Noah honestly, should have gotten A honor roll....long story really...Natali was accepted into the GATE program next year that stands for Gifted and Talented Education. We no longer thinks she needs speech and she is upset that we feel that way ...she loved being in speech (getting the extra attention) she'll forget all about it being in the GATE program. Kate has grown leaps and bounds and somehow miraculously didn't miss a day of school this year (she always got sick on the weekends or holidays) and because of that she got a $25 gift certificate to Borders Books from Mr. Schorr who the school she attends was named after, along with a medal and a certificate.
13. I desperately want to lose my baby weight
14. But doesn't every woman
15. August has been having some colic issues and hasn't tolerated my breastmilk as well as the sensitive tummies similac formula and I am tempted to wean for a couple of reasons and I have to selfishly admit part of it is so I can really focus more strongly on losing this baby weight but I won't completely wean until I truly have a medical reason to, which I do think there is a bigger issue going on that I am investigating. I just want him to be comfortable and not hurting and it is clear that when I do breastfeed him he hurts more. But until we get more clarification he gets more formula for now and I am pumping.
16. I do selfishly want to keep breastfeeding though because honestly it is just easier and cheaper!
17. I really hate making bottles especially at 12 am, 2 am or 5 am for that matter.
18. I hate swallowing the cost for a sensitive specialized formula
19. But I will do what I have to do so he is a happy baby
20. I am sooooo happy school is out for the summer.
21. I love the extra time I have to spend with the kids
22. But I especially love that I don't have to get up and get them ready, make lunches, and get them out the door on time for school.
23. I am going to miss carpooling Ashlyn every morning...(Erika if I accidently show up at your house you know why...LOL)
24. I want to organize my house desperately!
25. I need a Klondike bar
2. I do have my days where I am completely overwhelmed
3. I am not superwoman
4. But I do try to be
5. Whoever said after 4 kids it is just "another one" and isn't harder but rather just another mouth to feed is clearly decieved!
6. Adding a 5th child has been by far the hardest transition
7. It doesn't help I have health hurdles I am trying to jump through
8. On that note say a prayer for me between now and July 19th that we will yet witness another miracle on that day and find either 1. a dramatically changed blood clot or 2. a dissolved blood clot in it's entirety...I want #2 so badly but I will be happy with #1 and if for some reason it is still as nasty as January then I will just have to cope with it but it won't be an easy pill to swallow (called coumadin life-long)
9. We have been blessed with so many evident miracles in our lives and I can't thank my Heavenly Father and our Savior enough.
10. I am "Head Over Feet" in love with my husband...if you think I do it all...you are clearly looking at the wrong person...he is superman...but even he has his Kriptonite.
11. I am incredibly in love with all my children, even though five children has it's challenges I wouldn't trade them for anything!
12. They are incredibly smart. Noah and Natali both got A-B honor roll this year. Noah honestly, should have gotten A honor roll....long story really...Natali was accepted into the GATE program next year that stands for Gifted and Talented Education. We no longer thinks she needs speech and she is upset that we feel that way ...she loved being in speech (getting the extra attention) she'll forget all about it being in the GATE program. Kate has grown leaps and bounds and somehow miraculously didn't miss a day of school this year (she always got sick on the weekends or holidays) and because of that she got a $25 gift certificate to Borders Books from Mr. Schorr who the school she attends was named after, along with a medal and a certificate.
13. I desperately want to lose my baby weight
14. But doesn't every woman
15. August has been having some colic issues and hasn't tolerated my breastmilk as well as the sensitive tummies similac formula and I am tempted to wean for a couple of reasons and I have to selfishly admit part of it is so I can really focus more strongly on losing this baby weight but I won't completely wean until I truly have a medical reason to, which I do think there is a bigger issue going on that I am investigating. I just want him to be comfortable and not hurting and it is clear that when I do breastfeed him he hurts more. But until we get more clarification he gets more formula for now and I am pumping.
16. I do selfishly want to keep breastfeeding though because honestly it is just easier and cheaper!
17. I really hate making bottles especially at 12 am, 2 am or 5 am for that matter.
18. I hate swallowing the cost for a sensitive specialized formula
19. But I will do what I have to do so he is a happy baby
20. I am sooooo happy school is out for the summer.
21. I love the extra time I have to spend with the kids
22. But I especially love that I don't have to get up and get them ready, make lunches, and get them out the door on time for school.
23. I am going to miss carpooling Ashlyn every morning...(Erika if I accidently show up at your house you know why...LOL)
24. I want to organize my house desperately!
25. I need a Klondike bar