Happy Birthday!!
Happy Birthday!
Three generations of Whittacres born on May 10th...it just happened to fall into place and I found it very sentimental so we scheduled the C-Section for that day and it all fell into perfect place...
August Hug Whittacre joined our family on his Daddy and Grandpa's birthday...he weighed in at 6 lbs and 13 oz..our smallest baby yet...I call him our "runt" as he is the smallest as well as our "last". He was 19 inches long and was born at 7:48 in the morning. The delivery went smoothly and actually much better than we had hoped for. He is a very calm baby and loves to sleep alot. He was jaundiced and so had to be on a bili blanket and his nurses were quite obnoxious about him eating...My nurses and Dr's were awesome and on top of things...because of that we were able to come home Friday night which was far sooner than we had expected...we were told not to expect to come home before Sunday...so glad we were able to go home...one more night with the pediatric nurses and someone might have had to put a restraining order against me...I really struggled with the night nurses for August...My nurses were FABULOUS! and not that the night pediatric nurses were bad but they were extremely "accusatory" in their demeanor toward me and it was very frustrating as a mother of FIVE kids to have someone making it sound like you were trying to starve your child! LIKE I was intentionally wanting him to 1. have jaundice and 2. intentionally not feeding him...(even though I was supplementing with formula) when I would have preferred to be strictly breastfeeding...and him spitting up all of his formula at that...argh...it was stressful...finally after many nurses one actually decided to be proactive and HELP me...by watching what I was doing and trying herself and finally realizing that he DID have an issue with the formula and then gave him one that was for "sensitive" babies and that helped tremendously...
His beautiful eyes open..
Natali meeting him for the first time.
Noah meeting him for the first time
Kate meeting him for the first time.
