Easter Weekend - Part 2

Because of my pregnancy and health issues and my upcoming delivery we have been cautious as to the things I should and should not be doing...so we had orginally planned to do Natali's baptism this weekend because her cousins were going to be in town for it and we were going to let her do a friend party the weekend of her birthday...but after thinking through things we knew this would be a very busy weekend and felt it would be best to try to make eveyrthing a little easier "on me" I know I am selfish...I did give Natali her choice though since this is such a "special" birthday for her I wanted her to really enjoy it. So for her party I arranged with her cousins to do a make-over party (they are all older than her and are wonderful to do this for her and for me) I let Natali invite ONE friend and she chose her "best" friend Ashlyn (our families are seriously inseperable LOL) Ashlyn's Dad serves in the Bishopric with Nathan...for the longest time I was Ashlyn's mom's visiting teacher and then we served in Young Women's together for some time both serving with the Mia Maid class. Plus for the past two years we have carpooled our kids to school. I take them and she picks them up...so anyway...Natali has four cousins so Megan and Haley took Natali. Megan did Natali's hair (with a little help from her mother) and Haley did her finger and toenails and Hanna and Carlie pampered Ashlyn - Hanna on hair and Carlie on nails...after they got pampered up we let Natali open gifts and then we went to Claires because Natali really really wanted her ears pierced for her birthday. When we got to Claires there was only one person working so she said we could come back at 12:30 and two could do her ears at once..(if you know Natali we knew this was going to end up her terrified and frightened and she flinches at the idea of having something happen to her) sooo.....we opted to go to lunch then (we planned on going after) but we went to CiCi's pizza first and then went back...she was brave until she got in the chair and then started panicking after about 30 minutes of her freaking out the one lady finally told her she had 5 minutes to make up her mind or she would for her and the answer would be NO...(she was nice about it...and I was greatful she made the comment) because I was a tired pregnant mom who wanted to get off her feet. I finally looked her in the eyes and said, "You know the moment you walk out of here without your ears pierced you are going to regret it and want to come right back in and these nice ladies will no longer allow you to do it, so if you don't want any regrets I need you to relax, close your eyes, hold my hands and let them do it. It will take 2 seconds and then it will be over and you will be glad you did it!"  So she took three deep breaths closed her eyes, held my hands and by then it was over....she had beautiful earrings in her ears and she started crying but I think just from the anticipation of it all. I told her to go ahead and let it out while they cleaned her ears (to soothe them too) and then she finally said it wasnt' as bad as she imagined. I then let all the girls pick something out at Claires for participating in the party and off we went. It really was a success and thankful for my Sister in law Tricia for helping me and for her girls pampering up Natali and Ashlyn they had a blast

 Hanna and Carlie pampering Ashlyn
 Tricia braiding Natali's hair (Megan straightened it with the flat iron first though)
 Haley painting her toe nails
 All of the girls just before leaving for Claires
The back of Natali's and Ashlyn's hair

 Natali's ears pierced as you can see she is really really happy about it!
Gorgeous!!
We also had eye appt's two Saturday's ago and she was really disappointed she didnt' "need" glasses so at Claires we found these glasses and they were on clearance so for being brave I bought them for her. She loves them. (they are obviously not reading glasses or Rx)

Popular posts from this blog

Gods Hands

CONTEST!