Whittacre update

So I know you just all want to know how things are going...I am not sure what I updated last but...
If I didnt' already mention. I had another TEE (ultrasound of the heart going through the esophagus)(if I even spelt that right) a month after I was first diagnosed with the clot. The clot was still the same but apparently still stable...my cardiologist (who was out of town for the first TEE) got the surprise of her life and didnt' realize until that moment how bad it really was...(not good news obviously). But imagine a balloon filled with jello to the top and to the max...that is how I imagine what they are telling me...(not necessarily something that could "burst" per se...but if not controlled could be REALLY bad. So she talked to Dr. Huang (my periantologist) aka OB specialist. and decided to put me on two asprin a day on top of the Lovenox injections I am taking. I must admit up until that point (one month) I had not been bruising with the shots (which bruising is common) and after 2 days of asprin...I started bruising... to me that was a GOOD sign! I have since started getting more energy day by day...I still take things slow but I feel like I can pretty much do anything in moderation except for vacuum...(and don't tell Nathan but I could probably pick back up on ironing a little bit at a time but I HATE getting out the ironing board on multiple occasions) if I am going to iron I want to do it all at once. (I know complain, complain...) but for now he vacuums, and irons...and ocassionally on bad days cooks dinner. (I must confess I prefer him to make dinner it is sooooooooooo much better than my cooking) NO JOKE!
So things are stable for the most part...I still get migraines (but that is common with all my pregnancies) so I try to just ignore them for the most part. The tricky part about my situation is the delivery of the baby...because I have to come off the medications that are stablizing my clot until about 12 hours after delivery...and possibly as long as 12 hours prior to delivery but I think they are planning on admitting me a day early and putting me on intravenous heparin (at which half life is an hour) so a total of 13 hours off of the medication for the surgery/delivery.
So that is an update on Ruth in a nutshell...hoping to make it to May to deliver this little guy but because of the health risks it could be April. Because of that we have moved Natali's baptism up and recieved permission from our Bishop (bless his heart) to do a private baptism on her birthday to make sure we can accomplish that major event in her life prior to me having this baby. We are all excited and proud of her making this decison.
Nathan keeps mega busy with his businesses and is amazing keeping up with his calling in church and making sure he is here at home to do everything else (cook, clean, bathe kids...yattah yattah...yattah...) what would I do without him! His Uncle Gary recently passed away and spent 4 days with his parents, his brother and sister in law in Richmond Virgina for his funeral (and some sight seeing in D.C. while they were at it.) and I survived him being gone that long...I am glad he could go and would have loved to go but under the circumstances I stayed home.
Natali just underwent an Adnoidectomy (adnoids removed...for those who don't know by the tonsils) Dr. said they were HUGE when he removed them and she did well with recovery and since about a week after surgery has NOT snored at night nor coughed at night and has not woken up with excessive phlem. YAY! Surgery was a success!!!!!
Noah, wow! um...he's a boy...getting straight A's but such a rambunctious kid at times...he seems mellow but don't let that fool you!  He will randomly just start running around the house acting like a derranged monkey. Those times I want to blow a fuse but at the same time just stop and laugh...he is just so into everything and has a million questions about everything and he is persistent (like his father) in getting his way...just an example a few months back (at least 6 months now) we bought a chore chart from the dollar bins at target. Now granted it was a good thing because he is really into getting his stickers for this...well...we ran out of stickers and started marking it with the little dry erase marker that also came with it. But the dry erase would NOT come off easily so after a few weeks of that I finally said  "we have to say goodbye to those charts" and I will make you knew ones we can print out every week (which we have done) but he was sooooo attatched to those charts that he keeps saying we need to go get another one (well for one dollar I could do that except....they don't have them anymore...I keep checking for them...but no luck) soooooooo....he just keeps being persistent about getting the "same" one and it is soooo frustrating...my hands are tied kid...I can't buy another one if there isn't another one to buy. LOL! He brings it up at least once a week even though we have told him to drop it. He really has some funny quirks...
Kathryn, wow can I just say she has grown leaps and bounds at school. She still has some speech issues but she is doing so well...I am impressed but I am seeing my personality a little more in her come out as I was at her age...when she doesn't want to do something she goes completely quiet and grunts (her no) and just flat out refuses to try...she will often go against the "favored" result just because she knows she can get away with it. (participation that is) like FHE if we ask her to do something she often will shy away from it (depending on what it is) she NEVER says no to saying a prayer...LOL! She loves taking care of Sophia and trying to help her although it just gets Sophia mad. LOL
Sophia, as most of you know she was diagnosed with Albinism. (it highly affects vision) well...she just saw the opthomologist and he said she does NOT need glasses (like everyone thought she would) and that she shouldn't need them in the near future...yes, she still has Nystagmus but it is much more controlled now as she gets older and she is just too cute for words...she just this week took her first steps...it won't be long that she is running along side her siblings!
August, despite all the medications I am on and he has been through two out patient surgeries, a CT Scan, and an MRI...I say he is doing pretty darn good. At my last appointment with the periantologist (we get an ultrasound every time) he was weighing in at 2 lbs 6 oz and everything looked great! I couldn't be happier...he is kicking more and more everyday and think that Nathan should be able to feel him now if he was around when he's awake...LOL!
There you go the Whittacre update!

Popular posts from this blog

Gods Hands

CONTEST!