Motherhood
I really do love being a mother but there are days where I wonder if it really is worth it...I know it is...
Things I dislike about motherhood
1. Kids that wet their bed at night (particularly if they are on a top bunk and I'm pregnant) oh...that must mean now...
2. Teaching kids how to clean...shouldn't it just be automatically programmed into their brains that at 2 they automatically know how to pick up toys, their room, make their beds, and bathe all on their own. (I do not have the patience on how to teach them how to do it right...I'd rather just quickly get it done) but they have to learn how to clean so I try my hardest to involve them...that is why their room STILL isn't clean...and I'm done, on the computer venting about it instead of putting a fire under their butt. (sigh..)
3. bathtime...honestly I wouldn't mind bathtime so much if they put the tub waist length for me with maybe a ladder the kids could climb up and into...now you wonder why I drive and SUV...I would rather lift them up and in than bend over to buckle them in and kneel up and over than kneel and bend over to buckle them in (provided they are in the backseat)
4. sickness, surgeries, vomitting, and injuries etc... I hate seeing my kids hurt...it hurts me...I hate hurting...need I say more...but we live and we learn and grow stronger from things like that.
5. Fighting...but how else are they going to learn communication skills, resolving issues, and loving unconditionally I guess it has to happen right?
But what I LOVE LOVE LOVE about being a mom
1. The hugs and the kisses and I love you's they are neverending
2. Their unconditional loving and forgiving of your own weaknesses as a parent...we can yell and scream and be onery and they are the first to forgive you even if you made them cry because of how you said something the "wrong way" and hurt their feelings.
3. Seeing them learn, watching them read and write and improve
4. Their imaginations...they are priceless...I wish I still had imaginations like they do...I know I did once but I don't remember how anymore...
5. Their creations (even if it involves mixing peanut butter, salt, sugar, molasses, orange juice, milk, apple juice & honey in a container to see what it tastes like)...YUK...
6. Wanting to cuddle with you on the couch and they all do all at the same time just because they love you and they ALL want you...makes for cute pictures too. (although this happens to Daddy far more than myself...LOL) but I still love it.
7. Seeing their excitement when anything good happens to them
8. Seeing them glow when they accomplish something like straight A's or getting Student of the Week, or learning how to tie their shoe...
9. Seeing their testimony grow in the gospel and watch them declare at the Dr.'s office when the Dr. teases them about drinking too much coffee for breakfast because they are running around the exam room like a wild manchy and trying to examine his little sister at the same time for him to make sure the Dr. knows before he leaves the room that "He does NOT drink coffee because he believes in The Christ!" (yes, that was Noah)
10. watching them interact, hug, kiss, love and play with their brothers and sisters...
There is so much more and it outweighs what I don't like but I just had to get it all out...okay now I can get back to cleaning and making that bunkbed again that was pee'd in again last night when he did the same thing just 2 days ago....I hate laundry and loathe making top bunks...sigh..
The End
Things I dislike about motherhood
1. Kids that wet their bed at night (particularly if they are on a top bunk and I'm pregnant) oh...that must mean now...
2. Teaching kids how to clean...shouldn't it just be automatically programmed into their brains that at 2 they automatically know how to pick up toys, their room, make their beds, and bathe all on their own. (I do not have the patience on how to teach them how to do it right...I'd rather just quickly get it done) but they have to learn how to clean so I try my hardest to involve them...that is why their room STILL isn't clean...and I'm done, on the computer venting about it instead of putting a fire under their butt. (sigh..)
3. bathtime...honestly I wouldn't mind bathtime so much if they put the tub waist length for me with maybe a ladder the kids could climb up and into...now you wonder why I drive and SUV...I would rather lift them up and in than bend over to buckle them in and kneel up and over than kneel and bend over to buckle them in (provided they are in the backseat)
4. sickness, surgeries, vomitting, and injuries etc... I hate seeing my kids hurt...it hurts me...I hate hurting...need I say more...but we live and we learn and grow stronger from things like that.
5. Fighting...but how else are they going to learn communication skills, resolving issues, and loving unconditionally I guess it has to happen right?
But what I LOVE LOVE LOVE about being a mom
1. The hugs and the kisses and I love you's they are neverending
2. Their unconditional loving and forgiving of your own weaknesses as a parent...we can yell and scream and be onery and they are the first to forgive you even if you made them cry because of how you said something the "wrong way" and hurt their feelings.
3. Seeing them learn, watching them read and write and improve
4. Their imaginations...they are priceless...I wish I still had imaginations like they do...I know I did once but I don't remember how anymore...
5. Their creations (even if it involves mixing peanut butter, salt, sugar, molasses, orange juice, milk, apple juice & honey in a container to see what it tastes like)...YUK...
6. Wanting to cuddle with you on the couch and they all do all at the same time just because they love you and they ALL want you...makes for cute pictures too. (although this happens to Daddy far more than myself...LOL) but I still love it.
7. Seeing their excitement when anything good happens to them
8. Seeing them glow when they accomplish something like straight A's or getting Student of the Week, or learning how to tie their shoe...
9. Seeing their testimony grow in the gospel and watch them declare at the Dr.'s office when the Dr. teases them about drinking too much coffee for breakfast because they are running around the exam room like a wild manchy and trying to examine his little sister at the same time for him to make sure the Dr. knows before he leaves the room that "He does NOT drink coffee because he believes in The Christ!" (yes, that was Noah)
10. watching them interact, hug, kiss, love and play with their brothers and sisters...
There is so much more and it outweighs what I don't like but I just had to get it all out...okay now I can get back to cleaning and making that bunkbed again that was pee'd in again last night when he did the same thing just 2 days ago....I hate laundry and loathe making top bunks...sigh..
The End