YUMMY!
So I have this recipe in a weight watchers book called Beef in a Leaf...we ate it once and it was good but messy. I made it again and it wasn't as good the second time. But then a few weeks ago we had some leftover steak from having our family over for dinner so the next day I thought Beef in a Leaf sounded good so I decided to tweak it a little (for a couple reasons) but I just had to share the recipe it is soooooo good. I call in Beef and Leaf rather than Beef in a leaf...(the orginal recipe you wrap it up like a lettuce wrap and it didn't call for asparagus) so here is my weight watchers worthy
Beef and Leaf
(this is also good without steak for my vegetarian friends, just sautee the aspargus with the sauce and wallah!)
Ingredients
Left over Steak (cut up) (or you can cook the steak fresh until medium and then slice it and serve it fresh)
angel hair pasta
Red leaf lettuce (or packaged organic spring mix works great too)
2 TB honey
2 TB balsamic vinegar
2 TB low sodium soy sauce
crushed red pepper to taste (I use 1/2 tsp to 1 tsp) depending on what mood I'm in...
asparagus
Prepare angel hair according to package
Steam asparagus until firm but soft
If you are using left over steak heat it in a pan with about a TB oil and 1/8 cup water.
combine the honey, balsamic vinegar, soysauce and crushed red pepper until well blended when the water has cooked out of the of the pan add the sauce over the steak until warmed.
On your plate arrange lettuce, top with angel hair pasta, top with steak with added sauce and then top with asparagus....ENJOY!