"You would have thought..."

David Archuleta was in town for a Jerry Lewis telethon at the Southpoint (which is just up the street from us) so our lucky ward were graced by his presence...it would have been awesome if he sang for us but with it being fast and testimony meeting that would have been really odd though...
Honestly I want to say "whoopdidoo" but I might get stoned. LOL! I think he is a talented kid and if I was a young woman between the ages of 12-19 I probably would have been giddy too.
But it was more entertaining to watch the reactions of others...
I will be honest I had no idea he was there until the end of church. I was subbing the CTR4 and 5 classes and I had opened the door at the end of the last hour to let the parents of the CTR4 class know where there kids were (because they were not in their usual class) when David walks around the corner with his dad to leave... now I thought to myself that is David Archuletta in my head but I was not going to draw attention to him by saying Hi, ( I just smiled at him) when this cute lady in our ward whom I help out taking to the store and what not was sitting across the hall in one of the armed chairs...when she caught glimpse of him she about had a heart attack right there...she actually handled it quite well but she says "is that "MY" David Archuleta" he then gave that smile he gave on American Idol when all the girls were oogling over him (or the judges) whichever...and shook her hand...Mary (the older lady) turned to me after he left and said..."Ruthy, did you just see that? David Archuleta just shook my hand" you would have thought she struck gold...okay in her life...that was as close to gold as she was going to get...but it was priceless to say the least...I think tomorrow when I take her to the bank and store that is all I am going to be hearing about....LOL!
Well David, so sorry you had everyone "oogling" over you at our ward today (including the Bishop) really we do think you are a normal "joe shmo" but it isn't everyday you have a celebrity walk into your church for the full block of meetings...