The story behind our insanity...

It's true...insanity exsists...why do we do what we do? Inspiration? Missing "marbles", the thrill of the ride and adventure that awaits? I don't know... we believe inspiration met by a loving Heavenly Father who decided our request was worth "entertaining." I am not sure...but it is true..the rumors are true...you heard it straight from the accused themselves... Baby Whittacre #5 will make his/her debut....




Yes, we do realize we have a 7 month old baby girl. These two will be the same distance as Natali and Noah are (16 months). We did willingly and knowingly make this decison and honestly part of it just seems so unreal and although we do not have to justify our actions in anyway I thought I might share a little insight into our "insanity" so to speak...
1. we have felt for a very long time (since before Natali was born) that our last child would be a boy (his name is very special to Nathan's family and he will be named after Nathan's grandfather). That is all I wish to elaborate on for this part anyway...
2. My health is at risk...no matter how great I feel (and I do feel great!) we feel that the older I get the riskier pregnancies get for my health therefore we don't feel that waiting 1-2 years before getting pregnant again is in my best interest if we are going to complete our family they are going to be close in age.
3. I always "thought" it would be really neat if we gave birth to this baby boy on my Father - in - law and Nathan's birthday...Yes...Nathan was born on his Dad's birthday. So wouldn't it be kind of something awesome to have three generations (Grandpa, Dad, and "son/grandson") all share the same birthday? Well, I thought so but I mean honestly what are the chances? Um...not likely so I just kept putting the insane idea out of my head even though every so often I kept thinking oh...I could ask to be induced on that day...but then I kept thinking STOP that insane thinking Ruth it isn't going to happen...it wasn't until I finally had to face the idea that my remaining pregnancies would be C-Section (for several reasons) that I mentioned that crazy idea to Nathan...and when everything just kind of "fell" into place to have the slight chance of being able to schedule a C-Section on his birthday we decided "what the heck" lets go for it!
So although it wasn't a huge surprise (since we were not preventing it) but it is a bit surreal since you can't really time getting pregnant...nor can we choose the sex of the baby either...and honestly we can try to schedule the C-Section on their birthday but even that isnt' a sure thing. Sooo...everything is a little "strange" right now. I just feel Heavenly Father can grant even the silliest yet very sentimental "desires of our hearts". My official "estimated due date" is May 17. My Dr. likes to schedule the C-Section a week earlier than the due date which would put the C-Section directly on Nathan and his Dad's birthday. Nathan is so sure it is a boy this time because of this "coiencidence" Honestly, I hope so too...but we went to the temple last month and the name Rachel just kept popping into my head (so I am not so easily convinced) however, I would love this to be our little boy that complete's our family. I really don't want to do a fourth C-Section especially with my health issues. But I would entertain the idea of one more and would gladly accept a little girl if that is Heavenly Father's plan for us.
So now that I feel like I have shared too much information with my friends and family on my blog. I often think is this even something I should share...but this is a blog and this is somewhat of a "journal" so why not share it with those I love. There are still a lot of waiting and wondering in store for this "desire" to happen...but so far we are on the right track and whether it turns out how we would "like" it we are happy nonetheless to be adding another baby to our "mix"






























Popular posts from this blog

Gods Hands

CONTEST!