Anniversary/Father's Day

So Nathan and I celebrated our Anniversary in June. He took me to Wolfgang Puck's restuarant at the Venetian hotel followed by taking me to The Phantom of the Opera! IT was AMAZING! We then went to Gameworks that night and played and played and played before I said, I just can't "play" anymore...LOL!

For our Anniversary for two years now I have wanted to make Nathan an awesome dinner. It is always shattered because I get sick or the kids get sick. On our actual anniversary this year I again wanted to do this meal I had been planning since last year then someone ended up sick. Nathan didn't even get a card or a gift (because I had planned to go out that morning to do it..(long story) anyway he got a grumpy wife and chicken noodle soup for our Anniversary. Well, generally we rotate doing dinner at each other's houses (Nathan's family) every Sunday. His mom takes the first Sunday, we take the second Sunday and Brett and Michelle take the third Sunday and we do our own thing on the 4th and 5th Sundays. So Father's Day usually lands on our day but because of food allergy restrictions of both my mother in law and my Sister in law I wouldn't have been able to make this. But my mother in law had just had heart surgery and Michelle was overwhelmed with classes (she is back in school) we decided to forgo doing family dinners until August...So Father's Day was my chance! I was going to make this dinner! It didn't end up quite as fancy as I had wanted to (notice the nice kids plate it was served on but nonetheless it turned out really good! I was so proud of myself.

Nathan and I shamefully like the show "Hell's Kitchen" okay, so Chef Ramsey swears alot but you know what 1. they bleep it out and 2. he really is a great guy overall. But they make something called Beef Wellington on there and Nathan and I joke that we always want to try it. It looks sooooo good! Well, that is what I made.

The Menu

Beef Wellington

Strawberry Spinach Salad

Grilled Balsamic Asparagus

Steamed potatoes

and we ended up with icecream for dessert because the poached pears failed. LOL!

It wasn't "Hell Kitchen" quality but it sure tasted good...maybe one day I will perfect it!

Beef Wellington

Grilled Asparagus with Balamic glazed topped with cherry tomatos

Strawberry Spinach salad and steamed potatos










Popular posts from this blog

Gods Hands

CONTEST!