Small world and feel good moment
So I went to see the podiatrist yesterday as I had two lumps on my left foot. Because I dragged my feet finding someone to watch the kids I bravely took my four kids in tow with me (thinking the whole time of my role model and friend Natali McKee) who always takes her five kids to the Dr. (she amazes me) but anyway...I told the kids we needed to work as a team at being good and if someone was unhappy we needed to agree on a change of plans to make everyone happy so we had a good experience at the "foot doctor". Well, I just assumed since I had never been seen before at that office that I would need to be there early for paperwork but I figured with 4 kids I would only go about 10 minutes early. Glad I didn't go a full half hour because the office is closed from 12-1 and they don't open the doors until 1. Then they filed us in and said all 1 o'clock appt's come straight to the desk any one else take a number and sit so I was the first to be seen. No sooner than I signed the paperwork to be seen they called me back. I was still standing at the desk. I was surprised at how accomodating and friendly the nurse was with my four children. I find a lot of people get annoyed with parents bringing their kids to "adult" appointments. Honestly, I think I might get annoyed. But the nurse was so friendly and we filed into a small room so Natali and Noah sat under the small counter (Natali colored and Noah drove his car around) and Kate sat up next to me. When the Dr. came in. I apologized for having all my children but with that glow he said, "OH, don't apologize I love seeing kids". He then proceeded to ask me where I was originally from then winked and said "Utah?" I immediately knew what he was saying of course as I said "well, yes" and he proceeded to ask the kids how primary was on Sunday? Natali glowed as she went off about primary. LOL! He then told me he had a brother who was a Bishop in the West Valley Stake and asked if I had lived there a long time. I said most of my life as I proceeded to tell him my early childhood was spent in Lincoln, NE. He said, "NO WAY" I thought he was just saying what a weird place to live. But he actually grew up there! So we chatted and had a great ol time as he stuck me with a needle to drain my foot.
But can I just say it is such a compliment to me when someone can tell I am a member without me saying it. It always makes me feel like I am doing something right! :-D
But can I just say it is such a compliment to me when someone can tell I am a member without me saying it. It always makes me feel like I am doing something right! :-D