Happy Birthday! & Condolations!
The first reason is frankly he is fed up working for someone else (really when you think about it, it is totally out of his character to work for anyone other than himself) but they hit the nerve when they decided they were going to determine the teachers evaluations by attendance and grades. SAY WHAT!? Like he can control who comes to class and how hard they work, yes he can encourage them and "threaten" them but unless he lies and gives them all a good grades just because...doesn't make out for good evaluation either way you look at it...good grief...
Secondly, although he already told them he wasn't coming back before this all went "down" this closes the deal on him actually "resigning" at ITT. The fact of the matter is we both knew in our hearts that one day we would have to face this reality...but neither of us were really prepared for it to happen yesterday. That is where the "condolations" term comes into play (our new made up word a combo between congratulations and condolences)..."congratulations" because his father had the opportunity to ordain him to the office of a High Priest...but "condolences" in the fact that he was called as the second counselor in our Bishopric. I think the condolences part is actually for me ...a bit overwhelmed on how this is all going to play out in the end. Nathan will do an awesome job in his calling of course he always gives 110% in everything he does and I know other women do it so I guess I can too...I do know Heavenly Father has a reason and will compensate for our sanity or lack thereof. LOL!