Flying creatures...

So my sweet Natali has some really odd quirks about her...one decided to surface this week. She was upstairs playing a computer game while I was visiting with my parents downstairs when she comes downstairs looking quite "bothered" I asked her what was wrong and she explained that there was flying creature upstairs. I was a bit taken back by her choice of words aka "creature" but okay...so I tried to figure out what possibly could be flying around upstairs...a fly? "No, I think it might have been a bee, I think it was yellow?" okay so I am thinking was it yellow or not? You must know... she was so scared. She wanted me to come upstairs with her. So I go up and investigate only to not see a thing but she sooo wanted me to stay up with her but I wanted to visit with my parents who cannot climb the stairs. She finally decided I could put on a movie for her (Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs) because it "calms" her down she explains...so things are good, I have distracted her and I think all is well...NO...later she won't go upstairs alone because she is afraid of seeing the flying creature/s. I explain if she wants what she wants upstairs she must face her fear head on and go that even if there were a bee in the house it would leave her alone because if it stings her "he's dead" so anyway..she then asked Kate to go with her. Kate happily accepted and up they went and then returned with what she had wanted to get...okay...I am thinking she will eventually forget this won't she? NO...later that evening she wouldn't even go to the bathroom (downstairs) because she was seeing these flying creatures again...I am seeing NOTHING! At this point I am concerned she might seriously have a "looney" medical condition that might really need addressing. I could NOT understand it. I thought maybe a different type of migraine (she suffers from migraines) but she argued she didn't have a headache...okay then what? So we all get distracted and then that night at the dinner table she goes on about it again and starts to whine...I was now at my wits end about this (again won't go to the bathroom without someone) and won't even get up to get a Kleenex on her own from crying about it. Nathan at this point was losing his patience and he had only been home for maybe 40 minutes...He was about to send her to her room. But I knew she really was terrified and seeing something...so I sat with her for a few more minutes trying to calm her down when she screams there it is (as I see her bangs brush across her face).
The flying creature is/was.....HER BANGS! I was so relieved she really wasn't "looney" and really glad we could take care of it...she now has shorter bangs...ugh...that was a long day!

Popular posts from this blog

Gods Hands

CONTEST!