In honor of Valentines Day



This is my favorite picture on our wedding day...Which was not Valentines Day but nonetheless it is a token of our love and the start of eternity together ( I know gag gag...choke...choke...) how can you not be sappy and sentimental when it comes to love...LOL!


I thought for Valentines Day I would share the our story mingled with our first Valentines Day together.


We met in October of 2000. We were set up on a blind date like most of you know...by the end of October (3 weeks later) and some awkward moments with me having a date with another guy in the process...we were considered "together" I am still not sure how that happened oh...sooo...fast...by Thanksgiving he was telling me he wanted to make the next step! (what next step...akk...he was wanting to make things "eternal" is the word he used.) I FREAKED! NO seriously, I broke up with him the next morning...needless to say our first Thanksgiving together ended up being a strange weekend...he left heartbroken and I was heartbroken....a few weeks later our mutual friend (whom set us up) got married (in December) she happened to be getting married in Vegas and so I ended up staying at his house for the wedding.

I wanted to be "strong" so I took my friend Carrie with me on the trip...what help she was...LOL! We ended up unofficially getting back together...(although I wasn't disappointed...I was still very scared) In January it became official and by Valentines Day I was seriously concerned he would propose and I was not ready to say yes...or no for that matter. We would have been engaged by Christmas if he had had his way...

Well, Valentines came and he came down for the weekend and we went out and the whole time I was a bundle of nerves...after we got back to my house he pulled out a little black box...(although it seemed to big for a ring I was still thinking to myself...whatever it is he wants a committment. LOL...he walked around his truck and I thought he couldn't possibly be proposing right outside my house...(then again...my heart was nervous) I was relieved to find two beautiful diamond earrings. I have to be honest I had never seen diamond earrings before and they were gorgeous and I thought...those must be expensive...I felt like it was close enough to ring. LOL...needless to say he put them on me...and I had all the thoughts of what now going through my head...


He was patient and I am pretty sure had help from the spirit, he knew I wasn't ready "yet" and then proposed a month later on St. Patricks Day...


Our story in a nutshell...(I am sure you have all heard it before) but I love sharing it over and over and over and over and over again...I am one lucky woman!




♥HAPPY VALENTINES DAY NATHAN! YOU REALLY ARE THE BEST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO ME!♥

Popular posts from this blog

Gods Hands

CONTEST!