One week!
I can't sleep at night the anticipation is so great... (that I am uncomfortable too)
There are pros and cons to a scheduled C-Section... yes it is easier to plan and prepare but at the same time...I am not looking forward to the recovery but the reward is greater than the pain...so I just CAN'T wait!
What I find ironic though is my children (exception of Kate) all came late. So I have never really been concerned about going into labor early. Now Kate came 10 days early because I was dilated to virtually a 4 and so it was possible I wouldn't make it to my due date so to be safe we wanted to get in and try to turn her before I went into full labor, nonetheless I walked around at a 3.5 with Noah for 2 weeks before we finally induced late by my request...however with Natali my body just wouldn't dilate for some strange reason and after giving birth (2 days late is all) we discovered she had been in the birth canal for sometime because of a goose egg on her head that was there until she was at least 10 months old...plus she had meconium so from those signs alone had my body cooperated she probably would have come early.
So although I haven't been worried about going into labor before 39 weeks I have decided that just because I haven't been worried I might be proved wrong...and honestly I don't want to go early. But in the past few days the contractions have really picked up in frequency (although still not enough to get me to "worry" per se) the intensity of them have not increased (although I must say they are much more like the contractions I felt with pitocin in my system in the first hour of being induced with Natali and Noah (which by the way are completely different from the Braxton Hicks contractions) I felt prior to that...so I feel like these contractions are "real" per se but not consistent or intense enough to warrant my concern yet...but there have been mornings I wake up wondering if I should take my Fragmin injection...for those who don't know what that it is, it is an anticoagulant shot I take once a day to prevent clotting around my new heart valve (just a precaution)
Now most people would think having the baby early would be wonderful (less time being pregnant and uncomfortable) granted yes I think having her here would be awesome but unfortunately with Fragmin having labor come spontaneously (especially just after taking Fragmin) is not the ideal situation (for me). As I cannot have an Epidural/Spinal while it is in my system (it can cause paralysis) yes, BIG risk...one I am not willing to take...so that means that I have to schedule coming off of Fragmin my last dose will be two days before surgery...if I was to go into labor say in 2 hours...the only option I have is to be put under complete anethesia to have the baby...meaning...I don't get to be awake for her birth and I will be away from her a lot longer AND they would most likely have to supplement her with a bottle before I could try to feed her myself...which is something I do NOT want...
All I can say is if she decides to come before next Friday I pray I go into labor just a couple hours before I get up in the morning before taking my Fragmin that is the only chance I would have to be awake...but for now lets just hope my body does't do too much more before next Thursday morning or Friday when we are scheduled...okay so that turned into a rambly post...
P.S. that is why I haven't blogged much I start a blog and I think...that just sounds so boring to read why bother and I delete it but I guess I will post this anyway...sigh...
There are pros and cons to a scheduled C-Section... yes it is easier to plan and prepare but at the same time...I am not looking forward to the recovery but the reward is greater than the pain...so I just CAN'T wait!
What I find ironic though is my children (exception of Kate) all came late. So I have never really been concerned about going into labor early. Now Kate came 10 days early because I was dilated to virtually a 4 and so it was possible I wouldn't make it to my due date so to be safe we wanted to get in and try to turn her before I went into full labor, nonetheless I walked around at a 3.5 with Noah for 2 weeks before we finally induced late by my request...however with Natali my body just wouldn't dilate for some strange reason and after giving birth (2 days late is all) we discovered she had been in the birth canal for sometime because of a goose egg on her head that was there until she was at least 10 months old...plus she had meconium so from those signs alone had my body cooperated she probably would have come early.
So although I haven't been worried about going into labor before 39 weeks I have decided that just because I haven't been worried I might be proved wrong...and honestly I don't want to go early. But in the past few days the contractions have really picked up in frequency (although still not enough to get me to "worry" per se) the intensity of them have not increased (although I must say they are much more like the contractions I felt with pitocin in my system in the first hour of being induced with Natali and Noah (which by the way are completely different from the Braxton Hicks contractions) I felt prior to that...so I feel like these contractions are "real" per se but not consistent or intense enough to warrant my concern yet...but there have been mornings I wake up wondering if I should take my Fragmin injection...for those who don't know what that it is, it is an anticoagulant shot I take once a day to prevent clotting around my new heart valve (just a precaution)
Now most people would think having the baby early would be wonderful (less time being pregnant and uncomfortable) granted yes I think having her here would be awesome but unfortunately with Fragmin having labor come spontaneously (especially just after taking Fragmin) is not the ideal situation (for me). As I cannot have an Epidural/Spinal while it is in my system (it can cause paralysis) yes, BIG risk...one I am not willing to take...so that means that I have to schedule coming off of Fragmin my last dose will be two days before surgery...if I was to go into labor say in 2 hours...the only option I have is to be put under complete anethesia to have the baby...meaning...I don't get to be awake for her birth and I will be away from her a lot longer AND they would most likely have to supplement her with a bottle before I could try to feed her myself...which is something I do NOT want...
All I can say is if she decides to come before next Friday I pray I go into labor just a couple hours before I get up in the morning before taking my Fragmin that is the only chance I would have to be awake...but for now lets just hope my body does't do too much more before next Thursday morning or Friday when we are scheduled...okay so that turned into a rambly post...
P.S. that is why I haven't blogged much I start a blog and I think...that just sounds so boring to read why bother and I delete it but I guess I will post this anyway...sigh...