Health update

I know a lot of you have been very concerned about my health...(we all have)...after nearly a month of being sick it was very much a trial...what seemed like should have been taken care of easily ended up being a nightmare...but greatful that I was not admitted to the hospital. I do not know if it was H1N1 but in mid september we all came down with a cold (except Nathan) and it lasted a couple days for Natali and Noah, Kate developed Bronchitis and I got an ear infection...we both were on antibotics and cleared up the week we ended that Nathan got sick...just after coming off the antibotics I got a flu shot (seasonal) and seven days later Noah came down with a high fever and I came down with a dry cough...Noah was out of school for a week and two days..(it was awful). The Dr. said it was viral but gave him an antibotic just in case and once my Mommy instinct said give it to him, it cleaned him up and he was back to school with a small residual cough...I called my Dr. on day three and he just immediately put me on an antibotic and didn't even want to see what I had...near the end of ten days I went to urgent care because I felt like I couldnt' breathe (what I would think it would feel like to have asthma) she said to take sudafed or robitussin and sent me home...after the ten days were up (2 days after the urgent care trip) I started feeling better but had congestion and cough...I had a couple of really good days and then sinusitis really set in...just when it started getting bad I landed in the maternity ward triage for bleeding on the same day I was scheduled for an ultrasound and follow up in the afternoon after two ultrasounds, and examinations, it was determined that Sophia was healthy and strong, placenta was in place and looking good, and the bleeding was coming from "who knows where" he still put me on bedrest for two days so whatever was "torn" could heal and he told me I had sinusitis and that it was too soon to put me on another antibotic but that if I wasn't better by the following Monday to call him (this was a Tuesday) Wednesday (very very early morning at 1 am) I woke up in a panic (I felt like I was suffocating and couldn't breathe through my nose at all) my heart rate was normal though) so I tried to just calm down sat in the bathroom with the steam of a hot shower trying to break up mucus (I had tried tylenol cold, Robitussin and that particular night I finally broke down to sudafed.) but I was literally terrified...and scared...by the way I had been up every night for a week coughing (which is what I believe started the bleeding episode) I was living on very little sleep and trying to take care of my children and cook, and clean...okay no cleaning got done...cooking didn't really either...(sandwiches and soup all the time) ...poor kids...anyway...while sitting in the bathroom I prayed fervently for peace and to get well soon...I still couldn't get past the fear I was experiencing so I asked for yet another blessing (Nathan had just given me one on Sunday night) but I woke him up at 3 am (when he had an early morning seminar he was hosting) and asked him for another one and explained to him how I was feeling...he then stayed up with me as he ran another steam shower for me...and literally "sucked" me out like a baby (with the nose syringe) and saline spray (WHAT a guy!) he then told me to sleep on the recliner and I did so but I still even after the blessing couldn't calm down...so I finally ventured upstairs for a CD player and religious music to help calm my "fears" where Nathan was still awake (at 4:15) worrying about me...finally that did the trick and although I didn't sleep still I felt more at ease...then Wednesday I phoned the Dr. about what was going on and he told me sudafed around the clock don't let it lapse...set an alarm that or use Mucinex...so for four days I took sudafed around the clock...it did help a little bit to get a couple more hours of sleep but still I was exhausted from it (non-drowsy)..whatever...so Nathan went Saturday to pick up more and they didn't have the sudafed I could take so he bought the Mucinex and that did the trick...coughing or not...I was sleeping only down fall was when I was up...I still wanted to be sleeping it really really knocked me out (I call it my Nyquil...which I can't take even if I am not pregnant for heart reasons) but anyway...I took that round the clock for two days...with it I mustered up the courage to continue with my commitment to sing in the Primary Program on Sunday morning because they couldn't find someone to replace me and since my Dr. said I it was just sinusitis and not contagious I decided to do my best (every one knew I had been sick) because after being on bedrest for two days I finally asked for help from the Relief Society (with meals) and Thanks again to everyone who helped me out) anyway...I went and sang and looked horrible because oh...by the way that same Wednesday morning I woke up with pink eye...and the Dr. did give me RX eyedrops for that...and it went away but then caused a corneal ulcer...ugh...so Sunday I went and sang looking pale (glasses and no make up) because of the corneal ulcer and sounding awful. LOL! and then went home and crashed...that same day...my hometeachers came over and asked for my fourth blessing since September...although I felt I was getting on the mend I got the impression to ask for yet ANOTHER blessing...when Nathan joked about it too out of the blue I decided I really needed too and then talking to Nathan about my health and issues I started getting really angry and frustrated with him and contemplated not asking but the thought came to my mind if you don't you will regret it...don't let him win (Satan that is) so I humbled myself and still asked...and I am REALLY REALLY glad I did all my other blessings we didn't have another Priesthood holder present because I was seriously afraid of spreading the germs to them...my father in law would have loved too but my Mother in law is extremely suseptible and I felt if she got what I had she would end up in the hospital...yes...it was THAT bad...my one home teacher has a child under the age of one in his house and my other hometeacher's wife (also my visiting teacher) is also expecting and due in a few weeks...but I had since been to the Dr. who told me it was just sinusitis and I was no longer contagious that I no longer had "flu" symptoms and the cough was caused by the sinusitis...so they came and agreed and then I went to bed just after the kids did that night about 8:30 I wasn't due for Mucinex until 10 so I set my alarm to go off so I would get up and take it...well...I slept right through it...Nathan said he thought about waking me but he hadn't seen me sleep sooo well in sooo long that he just didn't have the heart to do it...so I woke up at 1 to pee and was breathing GREAT! I thought I won't be able to function tomorrow if I take it (it really wipes me out phyically) so I thought I am going to sleep until I can't breathe...and I slept the whole night with a few coughing episodes...and I felt like a totally different person in the morning...now I have still had a cough and still some congestion but I am sooooo much better and feel better...and I keep getting better day by day...Thank goodness! I just pray no one else gets it and if they do I pray it doesnt' drag on as long as it did for me...

Popular posts from this blog

Gods Hands

CONTEST!