And don't forget Noah's talents....
Yesterday he announced to me he wanted to write a book for his teacher...I didn't argue got him some paper and let him go at it...his first question was...
"Mom, how do you make a pumpkin?"
I told him to start with a circle and make the face with whatever shapes he wanted
So periodically he would ask how to spell something and I made him sound most of the words out...(that is what they encourage them to do) but there are some words that the only way they are going to learn is through memorization so with those I just spelt them for him like the word "said" So here is his talented book...Nathan came home and saw it on the desk and got a kick out of it...it really is pretty good for a 5 year old if you ask me...(more in the writing than art) he spelt most of the words himself. He initially asked how to spell pumpkin and I had him sound it out the rest of them he did on his own...
"Mom, how do you make a pumpkin?"
I told him to start with a circle and make the face with whatever shapes he wanted
So periodically he would ask how to spell something and I made him sound most of the words out...(that is what they encourage them to do) but there are some words that the only way they are going to learn is through memorization so with those I just spelt them for him like the word "said" So here is his talented book...Nathan came home and saw it on the desk and got a kick out of it...it really is pretty good for a 5 year old if you ask me...(more in the writing than art) he spelt most of the words himself. He initially asked how to spell pumpkin and I had him sound it out the rest of them he did on his own...
Just in case you can't read it...Noah Whittacre - The Pumkin said boo--By Noah Whittacre
"The pumpkin is cryn"
"The pumpkin is happy"
" The pumpkin is mad"
"The pumpkin sad" (I think he forgot is on this one)
"The pumpkin is very mad"
"the pumpkin is very very very mad"
"the pumpkin is sad"
Okay so maybe he repeated some things but notice how he put stickers on the happy pumpkin page. LOL!
What a cutie...







