Linus Project

linus Pictures, Images and Photos

What is the Linus Project you ask? For those of you who don't know...our Stake is doing what is called the Linus project they have asked each woman and young women in the Stake to make a blanket for the Childhood Cancer Foundation of Las Vegas...they help local children from newborn to nineteen years old who are battling cancer.
I was thrilled when I heard about it because we have dear friends whose son was diagnosed with cancer about 3 years ago now. He is now doing well and in remission but I know cancer touches every one of our lives whether they be a child or an adult. I have a friend who battled breast cancer, and two other friends who lost their husbands due to cancer. My dad has struggled with skin cancer and so for a child I can only imagine what they must endure...so although I am not a blanket maker...my Mother in law has been trying to get me to make a quilt for a long time now...and although I still didn't make a quilt because what takes her 3 days to do would take me a year...I did (with her help) learn how to make a tie fleece blanket. I made them a little larger for an older child and I hope they stay warm. My kids after feeling the material didn't want me to give them away. Natali tried to get me to give the blue one away but keep the orange one... So I guess for Christmas I will be making blankets for my kids....(now that I know how).
I made them in "boy" colors because I often feel like the boys get forgotten...and here they are...they are not much but they were made with love and I learned a new talent in the process..


Popular posts from this blog

Gods Hands

CONTEST!