The Good Doctor

Meet Dr. Timothy Sauter M.D.
I know it may seem weird to praise my Dr. but this guy is seriously a "gift" and he is just an awesome Dr. So here is the story...
I was 34 weeks pregnant with Natali and the Dr.'s office I was going too decided to shut their doors. NOT only was the office staff there HORRIBLE, but I had seen two official Dr.'s (out of three) at this office and I had to see all three before my delivery. I went in on a Tuesday and they scheduled me to see the other Dr. 2 weeks from then...and then the very next day the Dr. I had just seen the day before was on the 11 o'clock news announcing they were shutting their doors. Needless to say our mouths dropped to the floor and panic set in. I mean why did they
1. set up another appointment for me when they were shutting their doors &
2. why wouldn't the Dr. have warned us...I mean even if they were sending us and referring us to someone else (which they didn't) they left us up to do that.
So at that time it was extremely hard to find an OB to begin with because of insurance issues on the Dr.'s end ect.. that and it is impossible to find someone who will take you at 34 weeks ( that is six weeks from delivery) providing you don't go early!!!!
I can't tell you how freaked out I was and I am sure looking back at it I totally over reacted but come ON this was my first pregnancy and I was SCARED!
So my loving husband decided to research some things for me as he works with Dr.'s offices and he went into a radiologist center to fix their computers and the receptionists just so happened to be a good friend of my Sister in law Michelle. So Nathan asked her if she knew any good OB's and explained the situation. She immediately hopped on the phone and called her OB's office (Dr. Sauter) explained the situation and set me an appointment right then and there. I don't think I have ever thanked her. So thanks Brandi!
I saw him for the first time at 37 weeks and he was awesome...he has great bedside manners, he never does any examinations without a nurse present...he has a great sense of humor and makes you feel at ease.
Story #2
So I was pregnant with Noah and we into Labor and Delivery one afternoon because I was really crampy and not feeling great and I was 1 week to my delivery. He was off that weekend (it was Sunday) and so his on call Dr. ( a woman) came in. And with every female Dr. I have had up until Dr. Ivey we had a "power struggle" issue as she felt she knew more about me in the 10 minutes we were there than I knew about myself and my health and she refused to let me go home until I had an echo done on my heart. Nathan was worried so I agreed but I really didn't feel it was necessary if I wasn't in labor.
Needless to say I got pregnant with Kate and was very concerned about going into labor with Kate on a weekend Dr. Sauter was off and having to have that "woman" deliver me. So I expressed my concerns and guess what he did
He wrote me a note and that said "Dr. Sauter to deliver only" and he said to give it to the nurse and if he was off or not he would be there! Can you believe that? I seriously thought I was going to cry. What a GREAT guy! Then she ended up being breech and he delivered her anyway...but the thing about him is he is not afraid of anything he gave me the option to deliver her breech or do a C-Section. What Dr. allows someone to deliver breech? Dr.'s are afraid of that risk! But he wasn't. He also said he would allow me to do a VBAC (vaginal birth after a C-Section)if we opted to do a C-Section. Which is completely unheard of these days unless you give birth at home with a Mid-wife. You have probably heard the saying "once a C-Section, always a C-Section" but not with Sauter.
Now granted things changed because of the medication I need to be on now because of my heart surgery and it is much safer for me to do the C-Section and so that is just how it is...but the fact he listens, informs, and then lets us decide is something rare to find in a Dr.
So if you need a good OB and you live in Vegas you know who to call!
******************************
I just had to add...he was the ONLY Dr. of mine that came to see me when I was in the hospital for atrial fibrillation (nothing to do with my birth to Kate or "female" issues) they just contacted his office for who knows what reason (I know because Heavenly Father knew I needed him there to comfort me about having more kids) but not even my cardiologist NOR any cardiologist from his office came to see me and it WAS heart related.
Okay done now...