Today was the day....

that Nathan and I had originally thought to be our wedding day...
however my friend Kim who was also got engaged at the time announced she
was going to get married this day...So not wanting to "steal" her thunder we moved our wedding back by one week. It worked out better for us anyway for many reasons even though she ended up breaking off her wedding that was scheduled for the 25th and in the end it worked out better for her too! ;-). So throughout the week I plan to write a little bit more about us and how we met, dating, courtship, ect... as a count down to our anniversary.

It was 8 years ago about this time I was driving with the last of my stuff and moving it into our apartment here in Las Vegas. One of the oddest moments of my life was while we were sitting in Friendly Ford signing papers for my Ford Explorer and we were not even married yet. I found it quite emotional really letting go of my oil leaking, power steering problem Lincoln Mark VII. Which reminds me of a story....

So we had been dating for a little bit and if you didn't know our relationship it was long distant. He lived in Vegas, I lived in Salt Lake. Well, at this time in our relationship we just kind of fell into the title of boyfriend/ girlfriend...but we decided to make a road trip with our good friends Eden and Nicole and I was finally going to be meeting Nathan's parents for the first time. This was probably the end of October or early November of 2000. Nicole lived with me temporarily (a long story in and of itself) and her parents lived in Alamo, NV and her parents were going to drive out and pick her up...and Nathan had flown in and then we were driving back in my "klunker" so we stopped in Cedar to pick up Eden (as that is where she lived) and it was dusk or rather more like "dark" outside and my car needed some power steering fluid....so while Nathan was inside helping Eden grab her stuff (her parents live in Vegas by the way) I was pouring what I "thought" was power steering fluid in. Come to find out when I went to put it away I noticed it was NOT power steering fluid but rather oil. I wanted to DIE! Here I am in Cedar city (in my car) with my newfound "boyfriend" and now I had NO idea how to fix this problem. I felt sooooo ridiculously stupid as I explained to them what I had done. Eden did have a car but because we were driving through and her car had bigger issues we decided to all drive together (save money) and so we all hopped into her car and drove to Wal mart where Nathan just "knew" what to buy to "suck" that oil out of my power steering...and for an hour did so he literally "sucked" it out with a hose and then spit it out into a cup. He did this all for "me" and never made me feel stupid (I did that on my own)...

One of the many memories that we (or at least I) will never forget...

Popular posts from this blog

Gods Hands

CONTEST!