Happy 36th Anniversary to my wonderful parents....I didn't have a picture of their wedding so here is a picture of them at my wedding.
My parents have been married to each other for 36 years. But my Dad as 'kookie' as he is claims that between the two of them they have been married (something like 60 years) or something like that...my parents have an interesting story really. Both of my parents were married prior to their marriage. My mother is also a convert to the church. She married young to a man who wasn't exactly the "cream of the crop" but they had two fantastic children together before they divoreced, my brother Jerry, and sister Rebecca both of whom my Dad later adopted as his own. Her former in-laws were members of the church but her ex-husband didn't resemble those "qualities" of a "good standing member" if you want to put it that way but at the age of 22 she got baptized because of the example of her former in-laws. After her divorce her former mother in law introduced her to my Dad. (the details of how that happened is cloudy to me) but interesting nonetheless.. My Dad was married to a wonderful woman whom I know as/ and call my "Aunt" Barbara. They have four beautiful and amazing children. Kayleen being the oldest, Janalea, Bryan and Leon. The reason for their divorce is not relevant honestly but after they divorced he of course was introduced to my Mom and together they have been married 36 years and have four awesome kids. (me being one of them) my sister Noraleen, myself and my two younger brothers ElRey and Jacob. Divorce is not fun but I am grateful that I have my siblings no matter how it happened (if ya know what I mean) if that was the only "purpose" behind their former marriages then I would count that as a blessing!!!!!
So Happy Anniversary to my wonderful and awesome parents. I am who I am because of them! I love you!