Pilot's license, hair cut, food storage and much more
I just don't blog as much as I use too and not as often as I would like. LOL! Well first thing is first.

Here he is holding his 'temporary' license meaning it serves as his license until the type up and mail him his official one. I have to tell you I was a bit shocked. His test was at 6 a.m. and he told me the test lasts about 4 1/2 to 5 hours. So I was expecting him home about 10:30 at the earliest because after they land he still has to refuel taxi back to his space and tie down the airplane that is about a 30 minute or so ordeal. So I was quite shocked when I heard the garage door go up at 9:30!!! I was afraid I would be comforting him. So he comes in and starts to come up stairs where I was just finishing up baths with the kids and I say wow that was really fast and he says "well that happens...." and then I just blurt out "when you fail?" I mean what if he really had failed? It sounded soooo uncaring. But he replied quickly "or when you pass" So yep! I am proud of him and he wants me to be the first person he takes up and frankly I am nervous not because of him but because small planes just freak me out! But soon!

Noah gets a haircut from....ME! I did these backwards though this is the finished haircut and I am in no way a professional, I do not have a license to cut hair, I am for sure NO cosmetologist. So if you see flaws just remember I am not professional and he is four and it is better than nothing right?

Noah is sooo funny sometimes. He loves his computer. His computer time is during Kate's nap (as they all share a room) anyway...he will often be playing along and just pause the game and then lay on the floor and fall asleep. So sometimes he sleeps up until dinner and it is a fight to get him to eat and then other times he is hysterical he will sleep maybe 20 minutes. Then hop back up and start playing as if he never went to sleep. It truly is very funny.

Natali is like her Dad and over achiever. That is not a bad thing but lately she found these badges and diploma's and certificates on PBS.org and loves to print them out and pretend as if she won the lottery. It is sooo cute.

It's true I have become a bigger penny pincher. I have always been extremely frugal but now I have tightened things even more. NOW, no one needs to get concerned that we are broke. We are really doing fine. There are a lot of things we are looking forward to this year that we felt it would be wise to save, save, save and save some more. And with the economy the way it is you can never be too safe. But with planning/hoping for a birth and with an insurance change this baby will cost us more than the other three and the fact that I feel overly paranoid and strongly that the Prophet and apostles are greatly in tune with what is going on that we really need to listen and heed to their teachings and re-stock our food storage as there was a time last year where we had to use it. So in order to save and fill our food storage I started looking at the sale items and clipping some (not a lot) but some coupons to stay within our budget AND fill our food storage. Sooo....Albertson's had a huge sale on Tomato Sauce and Canned tomatoes. (of which we use a LOT of) on sale this last week for 20 for $10 aka .50 cents each. normally $1.19 each. Whole chickens were on sale at Fresh and easy for .67 cents/lb and so stocked up on chicken, tomatoes, tuna, spagetti O's (by boys' favorite), corn I got for .55 cents/each and then of course our everyday things like cheese, cereal and such I also found good deals. I feel great to have my cupboards full and my food storage looking much better. It does take time however to stock up. But I am feeling like I am on my way to getting our supply back up to where we had it and continue to build it. So this is not even half of all I bought this week but I had fun doing it and was quite proud of myself. Oh...and that little bee was a 90% off special at CVS from Valentines day! Got it with a cute little pillow for $1.00 I couldn't resist when I went to pick up a prescription and saw all the Valentines stuff 90% off spoiling the kids with a little stuffed animal. They had bigger red bears in baskets with candy and flower or balloon for 1.99 but I thought Nathan would kill me as he HATES stuffed animals. LOL! So I decided to stay small.
So this last week our friends Ang, Shane and their three kiddos, Dylan, Savanna, and Xander came and visited us just Saturday night as her sister who lives on the other side of Las Vegas was blessing her baby and to keep crowd control they stayed with us. It was so nice to see them.
My friend Amy from college just got engaged and I am just thrilled for her! My kids are just full of inquisition and are just fun to watch and listen too.
Natali and Noah fight for the 'speaker of the house' position. They are often arguing over who gets to speak and they will tell each other that the other one interrupted them and that it was not nice or aka "rude" and Natali is usually the culprit for cutting Noah off but today Noah did it to Natali, she got mad and covered his mouth hard and hurt him and Noah was VERY mad...so mad he wanted to refuse to do anything. He wouldn't talk to me and didn't want to go to Pre-school. But finally he stayed at Pre-school (after dragging him). When we got back in the car. Natali asked what was wrong and I told him she hurt his feelings thus he was having a bad morning, and that he was just being mad to everyone. She said, "oh...how can I make him have a better day?" I said be nice to him and kind and let him speak when he wants. So we ran over to the store for something I forgot yesterday and while there she saw some matchbox cars so asked if she could get one for him to make him feel better. So I said yes, but it will come from your own money at home. She agreed. She came home wrapped it up put it in a bag and put it on his car seat when we went to pick him up. While at the store Kate decided she wanted to get him something too, by grunting at me and then proceeded to pick out fruit snacks. (His and her favorite. LOL) He was thrilled about those too.
They can be so sweet to each other some times. But at lunch they were both trying to talk and Natali would stop and say "Okay, Noah you first." How sweet.
Well I will be back to blog about more stuff later...
HE PASSED!
Nathan is officially a private pilot for a small aircraft!
Congratulations!!!
Nathan is officially a private pilot for a small aircraft!
Congratulations!!!

Here he is holding his 'temporary' license meaning it serves as his license until the type up and mail him his official one. I have to tell you I was a bit shocked. His test was at 6 a.m. and he told me the test lasts about 4 1/2 to 5 hours. So I was expecting him home about 10:30 at the earliest because after they land he still has to refuel taxi back to his space and tie down the airplane that is about a 30 minute or so ordeal. So I was quite shocked when I heard the garage door go up at 9:30!!! I was afraid I would be comforting him. So he comes in and starts to come up stairs where I was just finishing up baths with the kids and I say wow that was really fast and he says "well that happens...." and then I just blurt out "when you fail?" I mean what if he really had failed? It sounded soooo uncaring. But he replied quickly "or when you pass" So yep! I am proud of him and he wants me to be the first person he takes up and frankly I am nervous not because of him but because small planes just freak me out! But soon!

Noah gets a haircut from....ME! I did these backwards though this is the finished haircut and I am in no way a professional, I do not have a license to cut hair, I am for sure NO cosmetologist. So if you see flaws just remember I am not professional and he is four and it is better than nothing right?

Noah is sooo funny sometimes. He loves his computer. His computer time is during Kate's nap (as they all share a room) anyway...he will often be playing along and just pause the game and then lay on the floor and fall asleep. So sometimes he sleeps up until dinner and it is a fight to get him to eat and then other times he is hysterical he will sleep maybe 20 minutes. Then hop back up and start playing as if he never went to sleep. It truly is very funny.

Natali is like her Dad and over achiever. That is not a bad thing but lately she found these badges and diploma's and certificates on PBS.org and loves to print them out and pretend as if she won the lottery. It is sooo cute.

It's true I have become a bigger penny pincher. I have always been extremely frugal but now I have tightened things even more. NOW, no one needs to get concerned that we are broke. We are really doing fine. There are a lot of things we are looking forward to this year that we felt it would be wise to save, save, save and save some more. And with the economy the way it is you can never be too safe. But with planning/hoping for a birth and with an insurance change this baby will cost us more than the other three and the fact that I feel overly paranoid and strongly that the Prophet and apostles are greatly in tune with what is going on that we really need to listen and heed to their teachings and re-stock our food storage as there was a time last year where we had to use it. So in order to save and fill our food storage I started looking at the sale items and clipping some (not a lot) but some coupons to stay within our budget AND fill our food storage. Sooo....Albertson's had a huge sale on Tomato Sauce and Canned tomatoes. (of which we use a LOT of) on sale this last week for 20 for $10 aka .50 cents each. normally $1.19 each. Whole chickens were on sale at Fresh and easy for .67 cents/lb and so stocked up on chicken, tomatoes, tuna, spagetti O's (by boys' favorite), corn I got for .55 cents/each and then of course our everyday things like cheese, cereal and such I also found good deals. I feel great to have my cupboards full and my food storage looking much better. It does take time however to stock up. But I am feeling like I am on my way to getting our supply back up to where we had it and continue to build it. So this is not even half of all I bought this week but I had fun doing it and was quite proud of myself. Oh...and that little bee was a 90% off special at CVS from Valentines day! Got it with a cute little pillow for $1.00 I couldn't resist when I went to pick up a prescription and saw all the Valentines stuff 90% off spoiling the kids with a little stuffed animal. They had bigger red bears in baskets with candy and flower or balloon for 1.99 but I thought Nathan would kill me as he HATES stuffed animals. LOL! So I decided to stay small.
So this last week our friends Ang, Shane and their three kiddos, Dylan, Savanna, and Xander came and visited us just Saturday night as her sister who lives on the other side of Las Vegas was blessing her baby and to keep crowd control they stayed with us. It was so nice to see them.My friend Amy from college just got engaged and I am just thrilled for her! My kids are just full of inquisition and are just fun to watch and listen too.
Natali and Noah fight for the 'speaker of the house' position. They are often arguing over who gets to speak and they will tell each other that the other one interrupted them and that it was not nice or aka "rude" and Natali is usually the culprit for cutting Noah off but today Noah did it to Natali, she got mad and covered his mouth hard and hurt him and Noah was VERY mad...so mad he wanted to refuse to do anything. He wouldn't talk to me and didn't want to go to Pre-school. But finally he stayed at Pre-school (after dragging him). When we got back in the car. Natali asked what was wrong and I told him she hurt his feelings thus he was having a bad morning, and that he was just being mad to everyone. She said, "oh...how can I make him have a better day?" I said be nice to him and kind and let him speak when he wants. So we ran over to the store for something I forgot yesterday and while there she saw some matchbox cars so asked if she could get one for him to make him feel better. So I said yes, but it will come from your own money at home. She agreed. She came home wrapped it up put it in a bag and put it on his car seat when we went to pick him up. While at the store Kate decided she wanted to get him something too, by grunting at me and then proceeded to pick out fruit snacks. (His and her favorite. LOL) He was thrilled about those too.
They can be so sweet to each other some times. But at lunch they were both trying to talk and Natali would stop and say "Okay, Noah you first." How sweet.
Well I will be back to blog about more stuff later...
