The Good, The Bad, and...The UGLY!
Well, I can say I survived the weekend!
The Good!

Nathan took me up in the air. I will admit I was a bit freaked out and after 5 minutes in the traffic pattern I was ready to be done for that time. I felt bad but yeah...I am toying with the idea of us taking Natali up for her birthday. I will be freaked out but she really wants to go...so we shall see...I would of course have to go too because she might freak out and someone besides Nathan will need to keep her calm if that happens.
Also the good! We spent time as a family on Saturday and it was nice. We went to Nathan's office for a bit and the kids played on the swivel chair. Oh..the simple joys...



The BAD!
Now granted this picture is of Noah riding his bike but his sunshine expression reminded me of the horror when I smashed his finger in the car door. It was fine and all but after the ugly incident you are about to read it was not a good Friday!
AND.....THE UGLY!!!
I beg you not to make fun of me, I am humiliated, embarrassed beyond belief and why am I blogging about it? Because someone is bound to notice and ask and so for the sake of everyone...here is my new most embarrassing moment...
I hit a parked truck! No one was hurt, no one was in the truck. But on my defense he was parked partially in front of my driveway. Now, for the record I realize and accept all responsibility for hitting his truck regardless because frankly the accident could have been avoided if I hadn't have been such a space cadet and let my children distract me from my driving.

The owie on my car... plus two scratches on the bumper. But to finish the story. I got the kids in the car and noticed he was parked in front of the driveway a bit. I took note in my head that I needed to swing wide to the right so I could get around him. But I am a creature of habit and thus continued straight down the driveway like I usually do, looking over my right shoulder thus not seeing the truck as he was on my left. Natali asked me a question as I turned the other way I remembered he was there and I slammed on my breaks but to no avail I still hit him. Sigh...
Yes, he was parked illegally, granted I could fight it....but in reality I did hit him and not vice a versa. If Southwest Gas (sorry failed to mention it was a Southwest Gas truck the guy was next door hooking up the gas for the new tenants) was to come back and try to get my insurance to pay though I would fight that as he was at fault too for parking there. He knows that though and was a good guy and said that Southwest will document it but most likely because he was also in the wrong would do nothing about it. So hopefully we are just in it for fixing our own cars. Nevertheless it stinks that I hit him in the first place.
Okay...the end!


