Again...
Well, to make a long story long, Nathan had to go to Salt Lake on business this last week. So he wanted to fly I mean (wanted to fly...) if you catch my drift. Well, his paranoid wife = ME was overly paranoid of him flying alone! So I asked him to take Southwest...well he really wanted to fly on his own and really tried to be convincing but I was hormonal, as we women can be some times and I guess you could say I gingerly threw a fit as he has only had his pilots license for two weeks! So he tried to find a more experienced pilot whom might have wanted to fly with him and ease my mind a bit but to no avail it didn't happen so he lovingly took Southwest. But on the condition that he could fly me more than just around the flight pattern here in Henderson but fly me somewhere else (for a longer period of time) so I agreed. He flew me over to Boulder City to see the dam and back around to return to the Henderson airport.
As much as I want to love flying as much as he does. It is just not like opening night of a play for me. It is not exhilarating to me like it is to him. It was bumpy over the ridges and I was trying not to seem uneasy but it is hard when I grab the seat with my hands and he has to get at one of his instruments that is between the two seats. So my hand kept getting in his way. I am surprised he wants to fly with me that way...(LOL) nonetheless we had an enjoyable alone time together even if I was clutching my hand to the seat. My knuckles never got white. It was a beautiful view but...well yeah...

I actually took this of him...and after watching him fly I am totally shocked he took a picture of himself while flying alone!!!! (see former post)

This is me and yes, I took it of myself as I was instructed not to touch anything. LOL! Heck, I wouldn't want too.

This is through what I think he called Donner's pass. Not sure of the name but it was on our way back to Henderson and it was quite turbulent over these ridges.

And what I had been looking forward to the most since take off...the landing...:-)
So advertisement
If you yourself or your spouse want to go up in a small plane for a "fly" he is more than willing. Just call him and schedule a time and it will keep me out of the air for some time. He says he has a list of like 30 people who want to fly so why is it I have flown with him twice and no one else has. Come on...come out of the wood work so I can take a break for a couple of months!!!
For the record...he is taking Natali up in the air for her birthday but I just really don't want to go so soon. So I asked her who she wants to go up with her for her birthday (besides Daddy) her choices were as follows
1. Me
2. Grandpa
3. Grandma
4. Her cousin Brenden
She chose Brenden. I was all for that!!! Brenden is 13 or 14 I can't remember these things but anyway he wants to be a fighter pilot and has been in our airplane (but flew with his Dad and Nathan's instructor not Nathan.) so I know he can calm Natali down being up there with her if she gets scared.
For the record I am excited for him and that he is reaching dreams and I of course am reaching dreams with him. But am I allowed to not enjoy this particular dream as much as he is? I hope so. Baby steps for me for flying....
As much as I want to love flying as much as he does. It is just not like opening night of a play for me. It is not exhilarating to me like it is to him. It was bumpy over the ridges and I was trying not to seem uneasy but it is hard when I grab the seat with my hands and he has to get at one of his instruments that is between the two seats. So my hand kept getting in his way. I am surprised he wants to fly with me that way...(LOL) nonetheless we had an enjoyable alone time together even if I was clutching my hand to the seat. My knuckles never got white. It was a beautiful view but...well yeah...

I actually took this of him...and after watching him fly I am totally shocked he took a picture of himself while flying alone!!!! (see former post)

This is me and yes, I took it of myself as I was instructed not to touch anything. LOL! Heck, I wouldn't want too.

This is through what I think he called Donner's pass. Not sure of the name but it was on our way back to Henderson and it was quite turbulent over these ridges.

And what I had been looking forward to the most since take off...the landing...:-)
So advertisement
If you yourself or your spouse want to go up in a small plane for a "fly" he is more than willing. Just call him and schedule a time and it will keep me out of the air for some time. He says he has a list of like 30 people who want to fly so why is it I have flown with him twice and no one else has. Come on...come out of the wood work so I can take a break for a couple of months!!!
For the record...he is taking Natali up in the air for her birthday but I just really don't want to go so soon. So I asked her who she wants to go up with her for her birthday (besides Daddy) her choices were as follows
1. Me
2. Grandpa
3. Grandma
4. Her cousin Brenden
She chose Brenden. I was all for that!!! Brenden is 13 or 14 I can't remember these things but anyway he wants to be a fighter pilot and has been in our airplane (but flew with his Dad and Nathan's instructor not Nathan.) so I know he can calm Natali down being up there with her if she gets scared.
For the record I am excited for him and that he is reaching dreams and I of course am reaching dreams with him. But am I allowed to not enjoy this particular dream as much as he is? I hope so. Baby steps for me for flying....