Beggars....couldn't you think of something better?
So, I go to Wal-Mart today and I am leaving with Kate when I am approached by a teenager.
"Hey, do you mind if I ask you a favor?" He asks me, "Sure" is my reply (you can ask but that doesn't mean I can help) My buddy and I ran out of gas, do you have any spare change. "No, I had to use my debit card, Sorry." was my answer. He then goes off to get change off someone else.
You know I wish I could think of these things on the spot but I just never do.
First off all I could have said, "No, but I have a cell phone you can call your parents for help." or, well where is your car. If you can push it over to the Sam's gas pumps I'll put in 5 bucks for ya"
But come on! They could have called someone, better yet they could have gone inside Wal-Mart and asked to use the phone to call someone. It was pretty obvious they wanted money for something other than gas. I mean I guess they could have been traveling or something but when you travel don't you usually save money to travel with, for necessities like gas or what not. Don't get me wrong there have been times I have helped people out but I guess it is the rule of listening to the spirit but it was quite obvious he was just begging. Sigh...
"Hey, do you mind if I ask you a favor?" He asks me, "Sure" is my reply (you can ask but that doesn't mean I can help) My buddy and I ran out of gas, do you have any spare change. "No, I had to use my debit card, Sorry." was my answer. He then goes off to get change off someone else.
You know I wish I could think of these things on the spot but I just never do.
First off all I could have said, "No, but I have a cell phone you can call your parents for help." or, well where is your car. If you can push it over to the Sam's gas pumps I'll put in 5 bucks for ya"
But come on! They could have called someone, better yet they could have gone inside Wal-Mart and asked to use the phone to call someone. It was pretty obvious they wanted money for something other than gas. I mean I guess they could have been traveling or something but when you travel don't you usually save money to travel with, for necessities like gas or what not. Don't get me wrong there have been times I have helped people out but I guess it is the rule of listening to the spirit but it was quite obvious he was just begging. Sigh...