Fund Raisers
So why is it that they send home my 5 year old fund raisers? No offense, I am about to vent here just a warning. But she is 5!!! A five year old is not going to be able to sell cookie dough or Christmas overpriced junk! AKK! I have to do it!!!!! And personally I would rather 1. buy what the school is in need of and donate it OR just hand over 20 bucks a month rather than get these annoying fund raiser's sent home in their back packs. It is one thing if they are in junior high or high school and they are in a club and fund raising for a specific event but come on! Kindergarten?? Secondly, what is the fund raising money going toward anyway? They don't inform us of that information they just send it home anyway...I mean first of all we are having to donate EVERYTHING for the classroom that they use and need meaning, snacks, drinks, paper bags, paper plates, crayons, markers, colored pencils...ect....Now if they said hey, this is specifically going toward buying more books for the classroom then okay...I might be a little more driven but even then I would rather say what set do you need and go out and buy it for them and donate it.
Annoying friends and relatives to buy stuff is NOT my forte! AT ALL! Heck I had a hard time as a girl scout selling cookies. And those things sell themselves! LOL! Especially when I have bought stuff from these things from my nephews and it IS all overpriced junk! Okay the cookie dough can be eatten but still overpriced when I can make my own cookies for half the price if not a quarter of the price.
Well, that is my venting for the day. No cookie dough for us with this fund raising event. Nor do I plan to asking anyone else to do so.
