Worth it?
Yes! It was worth a cold freezing night with paper thin comforter on the bed and wire strapped to my head and legs and chest without the warmth of my husband next to me, to finally know that I do NOT have sleep apnea. That is a good thing right? Of course! Now granted everyone was probably expecting me to be disappointed but NO I am really grateful that I don't have to go to bed every night with a CPAP machine sucked to my face. So I am thrilled. Yes, I must admit that I felt prompted to have this test done. Why? I don't know, but nonetheless, I was "driven" to have it done, it is done, we have an answer and really that is all that matters.
I honestly have felt lately that I am being "tested." I mean that is what life is all about right? To be tested to see if we are going to listen to the spirit and if we are going to act on it right? Well, a former Relief Society President and good friend of mine once taught in a lesson in Relief Society that if you are arguing with yourself whether or not to do something then you should probably do it. (that of course is in a good spiritual context mind you) (no stealing things or anything like that) she was referring to service and the sisters we visit teach but I really decided to take it to heart and have really tried to act on those thoughts and feelings of the heart as the spirit speaks to us silently and in many different ways so I have tried to just act on those things.
I have had two experiences lately in which I feel Heavenly Father is testing me to see if I will listen and if I will do as the spirit directs and prompts and I just have to shout out that it has been an invigorating experience. I feel like I have grown closer to the spirit and it has been a wonderful experience that I don't want to lose. I was first prompted while in the temple to start taking a new medication. So I did, I am now feeling prompted to come back off of it although it has been working much better than other medications. I will discuss that however with the Dr. when I see her. I will most likely have a treadmill test done before coming off of it though. Secondly, this sleep apnea test, I felt prompted to have it done only to show that I don't have sleep apnea. Why? Really the only reason is that I felt prompted too and what better reason to I have than that. Right?
It makes me ponder on Zion's camp who were instructed to march and redeem Zion only to be told after marching several days and long hours to retreat and turn around. What purpose did it hold? To see who would listen and who would obey and many of the church leaders (apostles) and such were chosen from the valiant ones who listened and obeyed from that camp.
There is a purpose in everything even if the only purpose is strictly to observe and see if we will listen and obey.
And then again, maybe all of it was just this wild imagination of my mind. But I have chosen to take something and learn something from it so it can't be all that bad. But boy am I glad that it IS over. I have no regrets.
Just to clarify they stated when I got there if I had several apnea episodes before midnight last night they would fit me with a CPAP mask after that and if not she would wake me up at 2 am and let me go home if I didn't have a certain amount of apnea episodes. Well, I froze all night they had a button I could push for help but I had no light to find it even though it was right next to me. I couldn't see and am blind to boot at night. But at 2 she came in and unhooked me and let me go so that right there told me I don't have sleep apnea. YEAH! Although she did say that the results would be sent to my doctor within 3-4 weeks. She did say I didn't have many apnea episodes though so that is really a great sign.
Anyway thanks for listening to me ramble on and on. That's my update!
I honestly have felt lately that I am being "tested." I mean that is what life is all about right? To be tested to see if we are going to listen to the spirit and if we are going to act on it right? Well, a former Relief Society President and good friend of mine once taught in a lesson in Relief Society that if you are arguing with yourself whether or not to do something then you should probably do it. (that of course is in a good spiritual context mind you) (no stealing things or anything like that) she was referring to service and the sisters we visit teach but I really decided to take it to heart and have really tried to act on those thoughts and feelings of the heart as the spirit speaks to us silently and in many different ways so I have tried to just act on those things.
I have had two experiences lately in which I feel Heavenly Father is testing me to see if I will listen and if I will do as the spirit directs and prompts and I just have to shout out that it has been an invigorating experience. I feel like I have grown closer to the spirit and it has been a wonderful experience that I don't want to lose. I was first prompted while in the temple to start taking a new medication. So I did, I am now feeling prompted to come back off of it although it has been working much better than other medications. I will discuss that however with the Dr. when I see her. I will most likely have a treadmill test done before coming off of it though. Secondly, this sleep apnea test, I felt prompted to have it done only to show that I don't have sleep apnea. Why? Really the only reason is that I felt prompted too and what better reason to I have than that. Right?
It makes me ponder on Zion's camp who were instructed to march and redeem Zion only to be told after marching several days and long hours to retreat and turn around. What purpose did it hold? To see who would listen and who would obey and many of the church leaders (apostles) and such were chosen from the valiant ones who listened and obeyed from that camp.
There is a purpose in everything even if the only purpose is strictly to observe and see if we will listen and obey.
And then again, maybe all of it was just this wild imagination of my mind. But I have chosen to take something and learn something from it so it can't be all that bad. But boy am I glad that it IS over. I have no regrets.
Just to clarify they stated when I got there if I had several apnea episodes before midnight last night they would fit me with a CPAP mask after that and if not she would wake me up at 2 am and let me go home if I didn't have a certain amount of apnea episodes. Well, I froze all night they had a button I could push for help but I had no light to find it even though it was right next to me. I couldn't see and am blind to boot at night. But at 2 she came in and unhooked me and let me go so that right there told me I don't have sleep apnea. YEAH! Although she did say that the results would be sent to my doctor within 3-4 weeks. She did say I didn't have many apnea episodes though so that is really a great sign.
Anyway thanks for listening to me ramble on and on. That's my update!