The Dr. Drifter

Just call me the Dr. Drifter! I am such a vagrant when it comes to finding the right Dr. I am on the move AGAIN! It is so frustrating to say the least. So the story is this...My insurance changed the beginning of this month right? So we are trying to put two and two together on my health. To make the story longer I am just thrilled to pieces with my OBGYN and I am now thrilled to pieces on my Cardiologist but my PCP has been just so so. She's good and nice and all but I am not crazy about her. Well, my Father in law had a really bad experience with my PCP (we saw the same one) and needless to say they tried talking me out of changing and my
Sister in law recommended me to another Dr. so I decided to change well when I called in to set an appointment and the soonest they could see me was 2 months out. So because I really needed to be seen before that I decided that maybe it was meant to be and that I just needed to remain with the PCP I was with. Well I call to set up an appointment with her and she is also two months out because the other Dr. in her office left and left her with all of her patients too. Sigh..."OH Wait! they have an opening in a month we'll squeeze you in." That appointment was suppose to be today. So they call me up at 8 am to tell me she is out sick. Okay fine...so when next week can I see her? "Oh....she is sooo booked up the next available is.....December 24th!!! I said, Ummm... NO! I need to see her sooner. I needed to see her last month and they pushed me to now. I need to see her before Tuesday of next week (end of the month for me since we are leaving town for Thanksgiving) nope we can't do it. You mean to tell me you cancel on me and I have to wait to work these things out for another month. I flat out told the girl who called that if they couldn't get me in I was going to switch Dr.'s I should NOT have to wait for 3 months to see my Dr. I need to get into see my cardiologist and the appointment is set already. (which by the way I will still see and pay the extra cost if necessary to see her) but it would really be nice to get the referral so we can go the cheaper route. Sigh...now yes, I want to get a sleep study done too but honestly that can wait, the cardiologist cannot. I need to discuss with her my medication and things going on. (nothing horrible but some concerns nonetheless) so anyway... I was beyond frustrated.

Well our new insurance defaults you to Southwest Medical Associates if you don't choose a PCP and so I decided since we were brand new with the insurance maybe they would change my PCP to them and making them active for Nov. 1 (usually you have to wait a month to be covered first) then I would just go ahead and set up an appointment there and see whatever Dr. I could get into. I decided to put it in the Lord's hand and call HPN and see if they would do it without having to wait until Dec1 to be covered by them.
She said, okay done! YES! Made an appointment for Thursday and hopefully it turns out the way the Lord wants it.
I have never been very set on Dr. Wakefield but it makes me nervous just calling up and saying when is the next available time and (pretty much pick the Dr. by availability)
I know that often times things happen for a reason and I hope that this is one of those times. I am nervous about it and maybe I need to look into other Dr.'s but for now this should at least get me the referrals I need for now. I hate jumping from Dr.'s to Dr.'s but at the same time it is important that I have good Dr.'s too. I looked up the Dr. they scheduled me with and he so happens to be an Internal Medicine Dr. which I didn't specify when calling but what I preferred over a Family Dr. or General Practicioner. I feel that I just need to trust the Lord on this one.

So that is my rant and my update. I am actually feeling good about this decision although frankly it has been a headache today. Oh..wait I already had the headache before they called to cancel. But nonetheless. We shall see how things go. My Father in law actually sees a new Dr. over at this office (she isn't accepting new patients though) and he likes the office so here we go! Have I ever said I don't like change. I do realize though that change comes when we need it most, so maybe this is good for me right?

That being said, I was reading through the conference Ensign and came upon the talk by President Monson entitled
Thomas S. Monson Pictures, Images and Photos
" Finding Joy in the Journey"
(Sunday morning session)

which by the way I find ironic that I have a quote of his very similar to this talk in my blog title from another talk he gave a while back) anyway...

It reminded me of this "change" He says

"Throughout our lives, we must deal with change. Some changes are welcome; some are not."

He continues to say.
"The lives of all of us, of course, go through similar alterations and changes. The difference between the changes in my life and the changes in yours is only in the details. Time never stands still; it must steadily march on, and with the marching come the changes."

So I realize that changes come and I just have to "roll with the punches" life has thrown another inconvenience in my way but we will just take it as it comes and try to deal with it the best we can...and in the end I would like to "relish life as we live it, [and] find joy in the journey."

Moving on....

Popular posts from this blog

Gods Hands

CONTEST!